People a little unrealistic with their pricing.Screenshot_20240916-212110.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240916-212236.png
    Screenshot_20240916-212236.png
    448.7 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20240916-212202.png
    Screenshot_20240916-212202.png
    418.8 KB · Views: 3
More than a little pricey IMO given it's not rebuilt/refurbed in any way. Also the seller has the smoker on the wrong side :D It's supposed to go over the XOver burner
I'm not sure what it is about our area that so many people ask such big money for 15-20 year old grills Weber or not.

I'm not sure what it is about our area that so many people ask such big money for 15-20 year old grills Weber or not.
I have picked up several of those for free in my area but even after I do a restoration on them I can't get $650 for them. $620 is the most I have sold a Genesis for and it was very nice.

Mid summer I was ready to go to the Hoffman estates area with a trailer and a couple hundred bucks. There was a period where there were some really nice grills quite reasonable.

Mid summer I was ready to go to the Hoffman estates area with a trailer and a couple hundred bucks. There was a period where there were some really nice grills quite reasonable.
Hoffman Estates is right in my backyard. Everything runs in cycles I guess. Right now everyone wants new grill money for really old grills. I did come across a really nice Genesis II last summer for $50 but I was late on it unfortunately. Oh, and I think you're a little bit nuts for even considering driving down here for a grill in case I haven't mentioned it before,😄

I said I was ready! Never did though 🤣

That being said, my two furthest drives netted two of the nicest grills I’ve got. Both turning out to be keepers! An SSP from Mark and a Genesis 2.

I said I was ready! Never did though 🤣

That being said, my two furthest drives netted two of the nicest grills I’ve got. Both turning out to be keepers! An SSP from Mark and a Genesis 2.
I can see making a drive for something really, really nice. I can't see driving very far at all for run of the mill stuff that I know I can pick up locally if I'm just patient enough. I also don't understand stock piling these things and driving all over the place to pick them up just because they are cheap and then not really doing anything with them except storing them in your yard, garage, or worse yet, a dedicated storage unit. Now you're just a hoarder in my book. A sane person has to have limits and mine is called a wife 😆

It’s a marketing strategy. “It’s expensive so it must be good”.

Easier for a seller to negotiate down or use fud - fear uncertainty and doubt - to cast dispersions on competitor’s grills to justify a price. Plus you can go the 50% off route and offer deals.

There is also a cost factor that sellers have to wrestle with. It could take 20 hours or more to prepare and sell a grill. The minimum wage in my state is $15.00/hr. Plus parts, plus overhead. So that might justify a certain price in someone’s mind but ultimately the market doesn’t care.

Wow, I think you did great on that deal. The lid is the key thing and if it is good, then it is a big win if you really wanted one of those. They are just not real common, at least around here. I have picked up some broken down old Genesis grills that were totally rusted and collapsing but found the lid to be in great shape.

Wow, I think you did great on that deal. The lid is the key thing and if it is good, then it is a big win if you really wanted one of those. They are just not real common, at least around here. I have picked up some broken down old Genesis grills that were totally rusted and collapsing but found the lid to be in great shape.
Expecting the worst and hoping for the best

I saw that one. Does look good at a great price. It would be a pretty long round trip for me, and I am already in retrench mode to finish before winter. These are cool grills and different from most anything else Weber made in that time period.

Back