I will just leave this here

Yah, If a Summit pops up around me for free, I would grab it just for the grates. Some have other parts that will work on other Genesis grills as well.

Yah, If a Summit pops up around me for free, I would grab it just for the grates. Some have other parts that will work on other Genesis grills as well.
I wonder if those grates are heavily magnetic like on the newer Genesis? They seem to hold up much better on the summit and obviously much thicker.

I know the older summits with the 9930s are non-magnetic at least mine are non-magnetic but so are the old school Genesis stainless. Also non-magnetic

I’ve got a couple sets of the Weber original 9mm grates from a 400 (2) & 600 (3). And scored another set for my brother today out of a 400 series

I’ve got a couple sets of the Weber original 9mm grates from a 400 (2) & 600 (3). And scored another set for my brother today out of a 400 series
Have you grabbed the flavorizer bars? Those things are so thick and heavy SS I bet I could cut them down and use them in a 1000.

They're quite long you could probably use them in anything that requires a low profile flav bar. Maybe not in East-West configuration

Oh I've cleaned up a couple of those newer summits and those flavorizer bars are the thickest I've ever seen and they clean up very well. Like new. The height and width is almost identical to Genesis 1000 flavorizer Bars also.

I should check Weber's specs and see how I thick they are. They seem thicker than Dave's.

I also have an older set of SS flav bars from my 1000 still in pretty good shape.

Last edited:
@Steve Hoch
I might be crazy but I'd almost bet money they're 14 gauge 304 SS

This is from Dave's ad on eBay for summit fav bars

set of 4 stainless steel angles which measure 18-1/8" in length. These are 14 gauge (.072) type 304 thick bars and are the exact thickness as the OEM bars that came with your grill. Others are making them out of thinner material (16 gauge) or inferior (type 400 series stainless)

Last edited:
@Steve Hoch
I might be crazy but I'd almost bet money they're 14 gauge 304 SS

This is from Dave's ad on eBay for summit fav bars

set of 4 stainless steel angles which measure 18-1/8" in length. These are 14 gauge (.072) type 304 thick bars and are the exact thickness as the OEM bars that came with your grill. Others are making them out of thinner material (16 gauge) or inferior (type 400 series stainless)
If that's the case, then they are probably worth saving.

Well, it would interesting to see if you could make that work. They would still have to fit in the grooves in the box and then not be too tall to interfere with the grates.
Hopefully I can grab that Grill and experiment. I talked to someone earlier but waiting for confirmation from his boss for a pickup time.

I believe the barbecue is owned by the apartment complex high-rise for the tenants to use. It appears to be on the roof of the high-rise building so I hope there is an elevator in this building that fits a six burner Summit!

They aren't long enough for the bottom row of a Genesis 1000 but they would be great cut down for the top row I think
They’re quite bit more narrow inside the x000 cookboxes. Also, if you do pick that up, I’d be interested in the door handles and tool holders on the side tables if you ended up parting it out!

IMG_7645.jpeg
IMG_7644.jpeg

Watching that video make me want to go pick up a free 6 burner summit near me for the grates. I've had a a couple of those summits and those grates hold up and clean up fabulously. I could cut those grates down for a couple grills.

View attachment 97790
I knew it was only a matter of time....... I'm surprised you've lasted this long.
Do you feel yourself being 'enabled' by others on here?

Back