I will just leave this here

So I saw this today, and it got me thinking… anyone ever tried to see if the side tables in this summit would fit onto an s300? Just strictly out of curiosity. The dimensions of the grill are quite similar depth wise. I like those bigger side tables. I’ve had a few cocktails, so take that for what it is 🤣🤣🤣

Attachments

• IMG_7253.jpeg
    IMG_7253.jpeg
    405.9 KB · Views: 10
Here's something I haven't seen before
455310718_507898781603450_2618183798057810992_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1417141742310217

Yep --- that is what happened to my Spirit 500 --- frame rusted out at the cook box and it had a good 8"+ wobble side to side..... Thats when I started the whole weberitis affliction by searching for a donor frame..... Its only got worse since then.

I should add too ---- its pretty disappointing how few choices there are for SilverA grates nowadays - just CI and the crappy stamped steel is all I see. I noticed the steel 'channel grates' on my flipper has popped a couple of welds :( debating if I should pop for a new set of grates and hope to get my money back on them.... I'm thinking it will be difficult.

This is the cheapest option I've seen --- CI grates for $27.50 that has me thinking, but only ONE set left.... next ones up are $32 but seems like plenty of stock.

I've got the Silver listed at $125 as it sits right now taking into account that it really needs new grates --- I'm not sure I could get $150+ even with new grates....

Thanks for the links! I've spent more time scrolling thru amazon looking for these --- I never did see the rod grates - just endless size/material buttons that would be dead ended.

Edit to add --- it does kinda concern me when they show grills other than a weber in an ad for weber grates..... seems like rolling the dice on what you will actually receive.

One of the parts grills I picked up (for free) had a real rusty frame- the ends of the struts were just crumbling. The frame was secured tight with A LOT of that 1/4" wide clear fiberglass strapping tape. Probably close to 100 feet, just wrapped back and forth and all around a few dozen times to keep things (relatively) stable. I should have taken a picture before I scrapped it.

One of the parts grills I picked up (for free) had a real rusty frame- the ends of the struts were just crumbling. The frame was secured tight with A LOT of that 1/4" wide clear fiberglass strapping tape. Probably close to 100 feet, just wrapped back and forth and all around a few dozen times to keep things (relatively) stable. I should have taken a picture before I scrapped it.
If the women don't find you handsome make sure they find you handy :D

Had a super stubborn end piece. It had a solid 5 day soak in penetrating oil. Got a real good bite on it on the female end of the frame extension. Note that only one side is spot welded so that was the side I went with. A few firm hits with the ol 3 pound persuader and she started coming out. Thankfully these are the ones that don’t have the threaded insert. Priority was to save the extension bars, but both pieces survived unscathed. Minor vise marks on the tab only.

That plastic is some pretty tough stuff.

Attachments

• IMG_7259.jpeg
    IMG_7259.jpeg
    229.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_7260.jpeg
    IMG_7260.jpeg
    182.2 KB · Views: 16

Back