I will just leave this here

What is the disposition of that grill gonna be?
I decided I’m going to chip away at a few over the fall and winter, when I have a lot more free time. Still waiting on sandblasting of a few cookboxes, and have some frame parts ready to go.

I also have new burners and flavor bars I bought during prime days. Probably put a green or red lid on it with durawood shelves and tables.

I decided I’m going to chip away at a few over the fall and winter, when I have a lot more free time. Still waiting on sandblasting of a few cookboxes, and have some frame parts ready to go.

I also have new burners and flavor bars I bought during prime days. Probably put a green or red lid on it with durawood shelves and tables.
So you gonna sell it or keep it?

I like having a good amount of table space available, but
452649859_3866474020283343_1897092971156803940_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/3124409774360722/

Well, if I win the powerball, a handful of the fine folks here will get their pick of a brand new grill (regardless of manufacturer) from me for all their help, insight and encouragement for me to not battle this Weberitis and let it fully evolve.

Pay no regard to the streaks of an unfinished lid. But I experimented tonight in cleaning up a free spirit I want to get out of the collection. Doing a nice clean up and sending out. I tried using a “scrub daddy” sponge on the SS lid, and after getting after the inner heat shield and the exposed stainless parts on the inside of the lid, i was confident enough to try it on the exterior and it worked amazingly well. I scrubbed with the grain, and pushed really hard as the stubborn spot (on the exterior) was in the radius just behind the handle. I used Zep 505 after simple green, and it was far better than SG.

I also got brave and carefully used a razor blade to cut off the excess grease and build up on the back vents, and as long as you know the feel of the blade cutting gunk versus digging in, it works quite well!

Attachments

• IMG_7195.jpeg
    IMG_7195.jpeg
    168.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_7194.jpeg
    IMG_7194.jpeg
    239.4 KB · Views: 11
@Samuel
@BrandonHudson

Keep in mind Dave Santana makes Z-metal and flip table brackets. Top notch high-end 304 SS. People say not cheep but I disagree all my Z metal and flip table brackets from him for my 1000LX was about $100 shipped. For custom Fabricated 304 SS (12 pieces) Id say that's a bargin.

I don't have a lot of experience with this generation of genesis. Are the Z bars the slides on the legs that hold the rods for the flip up side tables?

Dave is RCplane on ebay, right? I agree, he makes a fantastic product that I think this grill is worthy of. Already have new flavorizors and grates in my shopping cart for when I'm ready to get this one back together.

I surprisingly don't have any rot on this frame. Side tables and everything work fine, my wood is just totally rotten. Is anything worth upgrading anyway? I'm building this as a housewarming gift for a friend, so I'd like to give them something that will be worry free for another 30 years.

Also, I can't seem to identify a pitcture of the heat deflector for the durawood models that people keep referring to?

Z bars are the brackets that hold the wood or durawood shelves together on Genesis 1-5 and Genesis 1000-5000 grills.

Dave is indeed RCPlanebuyer on Ebay. However, if you want to order from him, it is much better to contact him through his Craigslist adds. Just do a search in the "Burlingame, CA" area for "WEBER FLAVORIZER". One or more of his adds should pop up. Then just contact him through the add and let him know what you need and he will provide the price to include shipping. He will save money on Ebay fees that way and pass it on to you.

Stainless steel grates and flavorizer bars are the way to make a grill the most maintenance free as possible. RCPlanebuyer can help you out with those, but while his stuff is top of the line, it is expensive. You can find very good products on Amazon that are significantly cheaper. It all depends on how good of a friend this guy is and how much you want to spend.

Here is a photo of one of my rehabs where you can kind of see the Heat Shield. They call it a "Spacer".

Here is the part: https://www.ereplacementparts.com/spacer-bracket-p-1476296.html

IMG_0017.JPGUntitled.jpg

I don't have a lot of experience with this generation of genesis. Are the Z bars the slides on the legs that hold the rods for the flip up side tables?

Dave is RCplane on ebay, right? I agree, he makes a fantastic product that I think this grill is worthy of. Already have new flavorizors and grates in my shopping cart for when I'm ready to get this one back together.

I surprisingly don't have any rot on this frame. Side tables and everything work fine, my wood is just totally rotten. Is anything worth upgrading anyway? I'm building this as a housewarming gift for a friend, so I'd like to give them something that will be worry free for another 30 years.

Also, I can't seem to identify a pitcture of the heat deflector for the durawood models that people keep referring to?
I think Bruce answered everything but if you have any more questions or need clarification I'm happy to help.

Z bars are the brackets that hold the wood or durawood shelves together on Genesis 1-5 and Genesis 1000-5000 grills.

Dave is indeed RCPlanebuyer on Ebay. However, if you want to order from him, it is much better to contact him through his Craigslist adds. Just do a search in the "Burlingame, CA" area for "WEBER FLAVORIZER". One or more of his adds should pop up. Then just contact him through the add and let him know what you need and he will provide the price to include shipping. He will save money on Ebay fees that way and pass it on to you.

Stainless steel grates and flavorizer bars are the way to make a grill the most maintenance free as possible. RCPlanebuyer can help you out with those, but while his stuff is top of the line, it is expensive. You can find very good products on Amazon that are significantly cheaper. It all depends on how good of a friend this guy is and how much you want to spend.

Here is a photo of one of my rehabs where you can kind of see the Heat Shield. They call it a "Spacer".

Here is the part: https://www.ereplacementparts.com/spacer-bracket-p-1476296.html

Perfect. Thanks.

I'll have to find his listings.

My z bars are in good shape, so I'm prob good there. I'll def be ordering from him for the other stuff. Have had my grates and bars for years and they are top notch.

I'm still looking for those DIY titanium bars a guy found on a grill a few years ago as the ultimate swag item.

Looking forward to getting this one restored.

View attachment 97636View attachment 97637
That spacer bracket is another item that is basically NLA at this point. In my experience when ereplacement parts.com lists an item on backorder, you will never get it.

I guess this guy is experiencing the same soft market that I am around here.
$1500 down to $600

Back