I will just leave this here

IDK a whole lot about them. Other than supposedly all 304SS but not sure of how well they're actually "constructed" compared to say my Wolf, which is all REALLY heavy gauge, all perfectly welded, and so on. But I have read a lot of good things about them

Interesting. Yet most of the people I get these grills off of can't even change a battery. Ignitor doesn't work it must be broken. Almost 100% of the time when I get a used Grill and it says it needs a new starter/ignition it's just user error. Battery, wiring, corrosion... They wouldn't have to worry about it if they had an old school Weber
Exactly. The one update on grills these days that is a real improvement is changing from the gas collector box to the ceramic electrodes. If Weber went back 30 years, one big improvement would be using a ceramic igniter on the Genesis 1000 and Silver B grills. In fact, on my Frankengrill with a deep box Genesis 1000 cook box, I did just that. I took a Genesis E310 ceramic igniter and welded the bracket to my front burner, installed the ceramic igniter and hooked it up to the piezo igniter. No battery changes, and I don't expect the igniter or electrode to have a problem for the next 20 years.

Interesting. Yet most of the people I get these grills off of can't even change a battery. Ignitor doesn't work it must be broken. Almost 100% of the time when I get a used Grill and it says it needs a new starter/ignition it's just user error. Battery, wiring, corrosion... They wouldn't have to worry about it if they had an old school Weber
Don't get me started on the "throw-away" society we have fostered for the last few decades. Seems like most big metro communities have a lot of people with more money than brains! Makes for perfect hunting grounds and picking up quick flip projects and side hustles!

Don't get me started on the "throw-away" society we have fostered for the last few decades. Seems like most big metro communities have a lot of people with more money than brains! Makes for perfect hunting grounds and picking up quick flip projects and side hustles!
You're absolutely right on that one! I just wrote a rather large rant on the subject but deleted it. I want to stay positive and not criticize people for different thinking than my own but it's definitely hard to understand the thinking or lack of thinking. Maybe because I was raised dirt poor and I've had to work hard for everything I've ever had my entire life.

Even penny pinching financially conservative Americans are considered spoiled by much of the rest of the world. Think about the food we throw away every day just to start with. I watched a video a year or so ago of kids following behind a garbage truck in S. America somewhere and after the collectors dumped a bin in the back, the kids would dig through it and they showed where they pulled out a half eaten pizza and two or three kids grabbed a piece and ate it right there. It wasn't even in the box, just mixed in with the other trash.
So, yah, I try to do better and I try not to be judgemental of others in that regard. But, I will take their trash and fix it up and resell it all day long.

Exactly. The one update on grills these days that is a real improvement is changing from the gas collector box to the ceramic electrodes. If Weber went back 30 years, one big improvement would be using a ceramic igniter on the Genesis 1000 and Silver B grills. In fact, on my Frankengrill with a deep box Genesis 1000 cook box, I did just that. I took a Genesis E310 ceramic igniter and welded the bracket to my front burner, installed the ceramic igniter and hooked it up to the piezo igniter. No battery changes, and I don't expect the igniter or electrode to have a problem for the next 20 years.
The igniter in my 1998 Genesis 1000 lasted 23 yrs. and still worked perfectly when I tore the grill down to restore it. The collector box was pretty eaten away at that point but it still fired up on the first or second push of the button. That kind of simplicity and reliability is pretty hard to improve on.

The igniter in my 1998 Genesis 1000 lasted 23 yrs. and still worked perfectly when I tore the grill down to restore it. The collector box was pretty eaten away at that point but it still fired up on the first or second push of the button. That kind of simplicity and reliability is pretty hard to improve on.
To change from that is just crazy. I'm excited to get grilling on my 1000

Not to mention if you do need to replace it, its like 10-15 bucks

But you're going to save that perfectly good one for another grill I'm sure. If you are going to use that grill I probably wouldn't bother though.
Yeah I decided to put a few new things on it like wheels and ignition and everything in the cook box and I'll absolutely use everything good off of it for other grills. I just have to run some errands and then I'll have it all reassembled hopefully sometime tonight.

Back