I will just leave this here

Yea maybe you had some solvent left over before ypu sprayed it.

I spray paint all types of stuff but I always get varied results depending on weather temp, humidity etc since Im usually spraying outside.

So out of frustration, I took apart another lid and just blasted one of the end caps. It took about 15-20 minutes (our media in the cabinet needs to be changed out), the other ones took forever, especially on the outside. I am wondering if they had some poorly casted caps and did multiple coats to help hide them? There looks like what is weld spatter on the first two. The one I just did is nice clean, no cracks. Odd

One of my end caps was kind of like that on the inside but not the outside. One of my end caps was smooth and nice on the inside and the other one looked similar to that.

How ugly looking was that spiderwebbed one originally? Maybe the grill was nuked at some point and it messed with the integrity of it

Surprisingly, it was already taken apart, so all I got was the cookbox (really nice, green lid I had posted previously), control panel and a couple little odds and ends.

I am going to try and see if those marks will sand down, of if its just scrap pile... which would suck because of how damn long they took to blast.

Surprisingly, it was already taken apart, so all I got was the cookbox (really nice, green lid I had posted previously), control panel and a couple little odds and ends.

I am going to try and see if those marks will sand down, of if its just scrap pile... which would suck because of how damn long they took to blast.
Aluminum's pretty soft it should sand down pretty easily

My lid project from hell is finally complete!! If only weather would allow me to get the cookbox back from blasting! 😬 the guy doing it doesn’t want to suit up in 85 and humid weather! Which I can’t blame him for!

Attachments

• IMG_6847.jpeg
    IMG_6847.jpeg
    153.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6848.jpeg
    IMG_6848.jpeg
    116.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6849.jpeg
    IMG_6849.jpeg
    184.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6850.jpeg
    IMG_6850.jpeg
    177.5 KB · Views: 15
Thanks! It was a real mess! But I prevailed. Who sells the tank level stickers on here? Think I’m going to need to order some. Now that the finer detail stuff is done, it should be smoother waters going forward!

Back