I will just leave this here

On a better note, I bead blasted a couple of emblems today just to see what they’d look like raw. Wish I had the time/patience to make the raised areas colored, with the lows raw aluminum. I also contemplated sanding and polishing the raised areas, and leaving the low areas raw, blasted looking.

Attachments

• IMG_6824.jpeg
    IMG_6824.jpeg
    207.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_6825.jpeg
    IMG_6825.jpeg
    217.7 KB · Views: 6
On a better note, I bead blasted a couple of emblems today just to see what they’d look like raw. Wish I had the time/patience to make the raised areas colored, with the lows raw aluminum. I also contemplated sanding and polishing the raised areas, and leaving the low areas raw, blasted looking.
You could paint the raised areas pretty quickly with a Q-tip and Testors enamel model paint. I did that on my SSP badge but in the regular silver Weber color scheme. See here:

A new Weber gas grill model. Looks like they came out with the Char-Broil at some point.

The reason people put Weber in the heading(even though it clearly isn't a Weber) so their item will get more hits that way.

That could be the case Mark. However, I have seen people use the name Weber interchangeably with all grills. Kind of like people call all Curad and other brands of bandages "Band-Aids".

Bruce, I like your definition much better, my wording didn't come out right 😉
👍👍👍

My grandmother called all snowmobiles (Ski-doos)😁

Weird that thing has gone so many years and unused. They quite making that model quite a few years ago. It's identical to mine. And it's a steal. Back when I could find the price on that model from Abt TV and Appliance (which was where mine came from), just the "head" unit was about $9500! The cart IIRC was like another $2500
Would love to get my hands on that one and toss my custom RCPlanebuyer grates in there. They look nearly like what you see in the photos except those are cast iron, mine are tight spaced 3/8" rod SS grates.

Got my end caps blasted and started painting them today. Was pretty disappointed after the first coat, put a second coat on. These are going to get sanded smooth now 😬

Attachments

• IMG_6837.jpeg
    IMG_6837.jpeg
    191.8 KB · Views: 17
I could see it in the first coat. But figured screw it, lets see what happens. They are raised so I think I can sand them smooth, more so aggravated by the time invested to have a very less than desirable result.

I could see it in the first coat. But figured screw it, lets see what happens. They are raised so I think I can sand them smooth, more so aggravated by the time invested to have a very less than desirable result.

Yea maybe you had some solvent left over before ypu sprayed it.

I spray paint all types of stuff but I always get varied results depending on weather temp, humidity etc since Im usually spraying outside.

Back