I will just leave this here

I found these on the road today. Both had solid drip trays. The stripped out grill lost its lid, durawood bottom and shelves. The red head was an oldie. TM by the grill in the logo on the skinned to metal lid in two spots. I will be going back to see if it’s there tomorrow. It was a little rough frame wise, but I’m still kicking myself for not grabbing. But it had no thermo in the lid, not missing, it just wasn’t there. It was on the side of a busy highway, and I wasn’t prepared to die for it…

Attachments

• IMG_6751.jpeg
    IMG_6751.jpeg
    154.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_6750.jpeg
    IMG_6750.jpeg
    317.3 KB · Views: 19
I found these on the road today. Both had solid drip trays. The stripped out grill lost its lid, durawood bottom and shelves. The red head was an oldie. TM by the grill in the logo on the skinned to metal lid in two spots. I will be going back to see if it’s there tomorrow. It was a little rough frame wise, but I’m still kicking myself for not grabbing. But it had no thermo in the lid, not missing, it just wasn’t there. It was on the side of a busy highway, and I wasn’t prepared to die for it…
Some of the real old ones didn't have a built in thermometer. It's rare but they exist. I would have grabbed it.

Grill grate scrapers:

Sorry, charcoal post incoming. I was always curious what was under the cover in my elderly neighbors back yard. I’ve never really talked to her much, but I found out what it was! It’s an 18”. I wasn’t aware they had the smaller girls back in the 70’s. I’m going to post it in the charcoal forums but thought maybe you guys may enjoy seeing an old relic. The bowl is in great shape. The lid has some rust and a giant nick in it. Heading out to get some more cleaning on it.

Attachments

• IMG_6768.jpeg
    IMG_6768.jpeg
    180.6 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_6770.jpeg
    IMG_6770.jpeg
    106.3 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_6765.jpeg
    IMG_6765.jpeg
    154.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_6767.jpeg
    IMG_6767.jpeg
    107.2 KB · Views: 1
Some of the real old ones didn't have a built in thermometer. It's rare but they exist. I would have grabbed it.
Yes, I noticed that in the copies of the old brochures we have here. For at least one year, the Genesis 1 did not have a thermometer, just a plug in the hole. The "XX" - pre-Jr. stripped down model that I did last winter - also did not have a thermometer. I had to find a plug to make it authentic.

IMG_3886.JPG

Yes, I noticed that in the copies of the old brochures we have here. For at least one year, the Genesis 1 did not have a thermometer, just a plug in the hole. The "XX" - pre-Jr. stripped down model that I did last winter - also did not have a thermometer. I had to find a plug to make it authentic.

View attachment 93154
I like those black knobs. Just got 3 of them!

On a side note, for you guys that rehab and resell often, I’ve seen the terms rehab and flip. Is there a difference in the process? Like on a flip is that a deep clean, new grates maybe flavor bars, touch up the burners? Where rehab is total disassembly, painting frames, cook boxes end caps, etc. Or is that just me thinking too much?

Don't get down that way very much.
It's yours for shipping charge from Eau Claire.
I think everyone has a slightly different take on what is done on a rehab or a restoration, all depends on who you talk with.

I like those black knobs. Just got 3 of them!

On a side note, for you guys that rehab and resell often, I’ve seen the terms rehab and flip. Is there a difference in the process? Like on a flip is that a deep clean, new grates maybe flavor bars, touch up the burners? Where rehab is total disassembly, painting frames, cook boxes end caps, etc. Or is that just me thinking too much?
A flip grill just means you plan on selling it for a profit (hopefully) so the more you spend on new parts the less profit to you. The term restoration is used pretty loosely by some guys that basically spray paint the whole grill poorly and then claim they restored it. A complete disassembly and thorough cleaning of all parts gets you pretty close to a restoration. After that it's all in the details.

Cody, I could drive down to Bruce's town (lyndon Station)it's 1 hour and 43 minutes from Eau Claire.
We could hook up with Bruce and see his stuff ?

Last edited:
That would be pretty cool! I wonder roughly what shipping would run... I am all over this summer with kids sports and what not. I had talked to him not long ago about buying/trade bartering for a Maroon lid for a Genesis 1000.

Well, if you guys do decide to meet up, let me know quick, I was going to drop the maroon lid on my next rehab grill. But, I have others I can use. It is just that the last maroon lid rehab a week ago garnered a lot of interest and I still have interested buyers.
Plus, I am low on beer, so if that is what you are coming for, I will have to pick up a twelve pack. LOL

Well, if you guys do decide to meet up, let me know quick, I was going to drop the maroon lid on my next rehab grill. But, I have others I can use. It is just that the last maroon lid rehab a week ago garnered a lot of interest and I still have interested buyers.
Plus, I am low on beer, so if that is what you are coming for, I will have to pick up a twelve pack. LOL
By all means, use it on your project! Beer sounds good, but the problem is its only 7:30 and now I am going to have cold beer and tinkering with grills stuck in my head all day.

Back