I will just leave this here

Absolutely atrocious! The more I tried to come up with a solution for the many rusted out parts, the more I realized that I had paid $100 or $150 or whatever for scrap metal and a Snap-On logo😠.
That has been my experience too. Awful design. Cookong and smoker mot thought out. Terrible lack of longevity planning. But has a snap-on logo.

I mean, to me, based on the bold claims in the listing, compared to the actual obvious lack of any real effort at all, that price is basically just trying to at best, scam, and at worst, prey on, the totally ignorant "vintage" seeking consumer.

You can tell everything, including rust and wood, was literally just hastily sprayed over with some leftover cans of paint. You can even see all the paint dripping. "Fully Restored" is not what I would call that to justify anything remotely close to that pricing. And not even new burners! And I'll bet he's just randomly guessing at the year too lol

View attachment 92749View attachment 92750View attachment 92751View attachment 92752View attachment 92753
Must be a nice neighborhood. I usually see a chain on anything that is not free by the road

I mean, to me, based on the bold claims in the listing, compared to the actual obvious lack of any real effort at all, that price is basically just trying to at best, scam, and at worst, prey on, the totally ignorant "vintage" seeking consumer.

You can tell everything, including rust and wood, was literally just hastily sprayed over with some leftover cans of paint. You can even see all the paint dripping. "Fully Restored" is not what I would call that to justify anything remotely close to that pricing. And not even new burners! And I'll bet he's just randomly guessing at the year too lol

View attachment 92749View attachment 92750View attachment 92751View attachment 92752View attachment 92753
I had exactly the same thoughts

That is kind of cool. I don't remember ever seeing one of those in person or on line before. I am sure that will bring some interest.

I would grab that in a hearbeat. The frame is fixable and the fact that it is collapsing eliminates a whole lot of your competition.

Much love to the (infrequent but well known) board member that gifted me some more oak barrel staves!
A more than fair trade for some apple that I didn't need (or want) and some more plum --- in return I got four burgundy and four chardonnay to go with the two that he gifted me before!

20240607_114952.jpg

A six # chicken with the chardonnay on the kettle last night was a new flavor and to die for!!!! I've loved the burgundy but have saved it for special occasions ---- now it will be a regular!

(sorry this is the gasser thread, but there is no 'I'll just leave this here in the kettle or WSM threads)

Last edited:
At least one doesn't have to deal with dropsies on the right table...
438081145_475683174849940_6431693974582343885_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/727467172713786

Hmmmm, I wonder where that right side table piece is? I expected it to be in the cook box or the cabinet. Still definitely worth grabbing. Easy enough to fab up the extensions.

(sorry this is the gasser thread, but there is no 'I'll just leave this here in the kettle or WSM threads)
I see no problem posting it in this thread. But it is simply a "thread". You can create an "I will just leave this here" thread in the coal Kettle or WSM sections.

It is not a gasser, but I thought it was pretty interesting.

It is not a gasser, but I thought it was pretty interesting.

I guess if you're into that kinda thing. But no way I cough up anything close for a simple kettle and one that's damaged no less

I see no problem posting it in this thread. But it is simply a "thread". You can create an "I will just leave this here" thread in the coal Kettle or WSM sections.
I do my best not to be a thread *****....... and it wasn't worth it for one post. I'm more surprised after all this time no one else has done it.

Edit ---- There should be a 'I'll just leave this here' in each of the top forums for silly one off posts.

Last edited:

Back