I will just leave this here

Seems a touch overpriced, but he seems to have sold now than a few
I’ll be bringing an open cart Platinum II in the same color without the side burner to market in early April at $650 and I don’t doubt that I’ll get it fairly quickly. However, you can’t “touch up” paint or have things like busted up whitewalls if you want to play in the high dollar flips. Lids need to shine both inside and out. Interior cook boxes need to be sandblasted. Full paint on the frame and box / caps. And everything else needs to present as close to new as possible. This one’s probably top dollar for what it is in most markets. The seller is likely one of us. He’s got a history of Weber rehabs in his Marketplace feed including the following Platinum C that apparently sold for a whopping $720!

Platinum C

I’ll be bringing an open cart Platinum II in the same color without the side burner to market in early April at $650 and I don’t doubt that I’ll get it fairly quickly. However, you can’t “touch up” paint or have things like busted up whitewalls if you want to play in the high dollar flips. Lids need to shine both inside and out. Interior cook boxes need to be sandblasted. Full paint on the frame and box / caps. And everything else needs to present as close to new as possible. This one’s probably top dollar for what it is in most markets. The seller is likely one of us. He’s got a history of Weber rehabs in his Marketplace feed including the following Platinum C that apparently sold for a whopping $720!

Platinum C
Tom, You have definitely built up a clientele who appreciates your quality and have some money to spend. In the bbq and grill desert of West Central Indiana, I haven't been able to find too many like that. I admit my efforts have been limited, and I did do OK with two 300 series grills nicely restored (in one case custom done) and both with custom-made stainless cabinet bottoms and backs. They are more "modern" and appeal to people who just want a decent Weber grill. I think the stainless parts were also an important selling point.

Every year since moving here, I hope to turn out some volume, but the realities of my life conspire against that. This year I hope to do better and find out if I can sell really well-restored, classic Weber grills from the wood slat era. I will allow that my Gensis XX posted above has more limited appeal, so maybe I will fare better with full-size ones. However, I have seen a couple nice reheads linger on FB here for months.

I absolutely agree with you that if you want to go for the top dollar you have to do the whole job with results that look as close to new (or even better) as possible.

Last edited:
Seems a touch overpriced, but he seems to have sold now than a few
While not an all-out sparkling restoration, I will say that it is still a lot of grill for $400, at least for an end user. What kind of Weber can you get for $400 at the big box stores today?

It is more like an "Air Fryer" I guess. Seems like a quick and simple way to cook a bird or whatever really.

Thanks steve. Someone selling one for $40 with tank, cover and accessories near me. Looks in good condition too. I inquired but haven't heard back.
No problem. I have the Smoker, Grill, Roaster model. I decided on this one since it could handle a 25# turkey. The standard Big Easy maxed out at 18-20, I think.

I tried for weeks around Christmas to get $435 for my rare and carefully restored 1988 Genesis XX. I expanded my listing to the Chicago area offering to bring it there. Hundreds of looks and plenty of saves and even complementary shares on other Weber Genesis groups, but no serious offers. I plan to relist after April 15 - at a lower price.

View attachment 88311

I keep having to remind myself that extreme Weber grill fans like us are a pretty small band, and ones who share our passion want to get their own "barn find." It is a rare shot that you will find a well-healed buyer who will pay a premium price for a classic Weber, no matter how rare or carefully restored.
Grill sales are a function of weather.

Back