I will just leave this here

I agree. I think FB MP is a huge portion of the FB site that generates a lot of traffic. They would definitely be wise to police it a bit more. I guess it will take a lawsuit or at least some negative publicity for them to care. I notice the adds that have started appearing in search results the last couple years in search results are getting a lot more risque as well.

Yeah, I have noticed that as well. I am certainly tempted by pictures of pretty women and know that many don't see a big issue with those ads. I personally don't want to go down that road, though, and try hard to quietly avoid them. However, a week or so ago I got an ad from some company that sells clothing, swimsuits, etc. They had several pictures of very underage girls in skimpy bathing suits and provocative poses. THAT really did make me angry. I reported the ad, but I doubt it does any good...

I think it’s possible that when you look at any FMP posts with photographs of anything in particular, grills, tools, scantily clad females, that the FMP algorithm will provide more.

That’s why I scroll past anything I don’t want to see more of.

Has Facebook marketplace changed for anyone else in the past few days?

Seems like it has morphed into a more Facebook looking place, if that makes sense.

Not liking it as much, which is probably a blessing in disguise, lol.

I think it’s possible that when you look at any FMP posts with photographs of anything in particular, grills, tools, scantily clad females, that the FMP algorithm will provide more.

Seems like it has morphed into a more Facebook looking place, if that makes sense.

You're definitely right about the algorithm thing. If you click on something either intentionally or otherwise, similar type items start displaying...sometimes well out of your established distance range. Real estate is a prime example.

Yes, that is certainly true. I also try to scroll past or occasionally say I don't want to see more of that ad. I have done that even here on TVWBB. It sometimes works and other times not. But, look at table saws for sale on FBM and soon you will see slews of them. I am sure if I clicked on the racy ones I would get deluged with more of those.

That bucket fits in there so well it was obviously an intended, undocumented feature. With my older Gennys all I have is a tiny grease tray, useless for an oil change or emergency dump. Maybe it's time to upgrade.

Algorhythm...anybody else bothered by that word?

Rhythm. No vowels, only reason to exist is to prove that "y" (and sometimes "w") is a vowel, and who cares anyway.

One of them artsy-fartsy words, rhythm. Gotta have a spell-checker every time you use it!

We don't need no stinkin' rhythm!

To be fair Larry, many times I have had people make comments on the rehab grills I have listed. Like "You are on Crack" or "In your dreams" and stuff like that. Funny thing is, except for a specialty grill or two, I have never waited over a week to sell a grill for full price or VERY close to it.

Back