I will just leave this here

Here's an interesting one (not that I want to buy). Looks like a General Electric logo on the front. Definitely seems high end. Look at that side burner!

View attachment 71771

View attachment 71772

That would be the last grill one would ever need to buy. Don't quite get why they put the pricing like that. I read somewhere they use it as a placeholder??? No clue what even means.

They still were selling those back when I was going to buy the Summit. Cost wise they were very close to a Summit. Far better build. But, big weber head me wanted a Weber Summit not a GE. Bet if I had bought that GE it would still be on my deck today.

Help... I can't stop wanting bring these things home!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230603-165757_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20230603-165757_Facebook.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 19
Yah, I need the whole thing for NG to LP conversion on one of my rehabs. It is not selling since it is NG.

It truly makes me happy to see how much joy that thing gives you.
And I have to thank you for working with me to allow it to happen. It dies give me joy every time I fire it up. It’s hard to put my finger on it, but it just has that “Mercedes” feel to it. 50,000 btus in the same size grill as a Genesis x000/Silver probably doesn’t hurt, either. Friends that see ut are always amazed because except for grill nuts like us here, most have never seen this original Summit, and it’s unique look is different from anything else out there.

I wouldn’t trade it for that GE grill! Too much personal attachment to all the time and effort I put into fixing the firebox issue and doing a “frame-off” restoration.

IMG_9656.jpeg
IMG_9426.jpeg
IMG_9639.jpeg
PopPic00004.jpeg

I think FB Marketplace is a poor platform. Unfortunately the FB part makes it a juggernaut that overruns what I feel is a way better platform in OfferUp.

FBM needs to get on the ball about weeding out obvious scammers.

I think FB Marketplace is a poor platform. Unfortunately the FB part makes it a juggernaut that overruns what I feel is a way better platform in OfferUp.

FBM needs to get on the ball about weeding out obvious scammers.
I agree with that 100% I'm really only on Facebook so I can use Marketplace, but I assume most people look at their Facebook fifty times a day or more. I inquired last week about a Skyline grill for sale and never got an answer back. That never happens to me on OfferUp. I may have my wife or daughter send a message about it and see what happens. The ad is still up and it was posted by a woman, I've got no explanation for someone ignoring my request twice.

I agree with that 100% I'm really only on Facebook so I can use Marketplace, but I assume most people look at their Facebook fifty times a day or more. I inquired last week about a Skyline grill for sale and never got an answer back. That never happens to me on OfferUp. I may have my wife or daughter send a message about it and see what happens. The ad is still up and it was posted by a woman, I've got no explanation for someone ignoring my request twice.
it’s possible someone has expressed interest in buying it and the seller is waiting. If that falls through they will contact the next in line.

Or maybe already sold- I have noticed some people just don’t take the ad down after a sale.

I just checked- I bought this item about 7 months ago- the ad is still up

IMG_6281.jpeg

And sometimes it's another issue. Recently sold my DeWalt XR20V pole saw. Had it listed for $130. (they retail for $219). So I felt it fair. Guy contacts me. "Farm & Fleet has it for $189 WITH battery kit best I can do is $100. I told him make it $110 and a deal". He like "sold". Then crickets. Another guy contacts me having seen it "pended". Says if the buyer falls through he'll take it. Another day goes buy. Crickets from the first buyer. Listing is still "pended". I contact the second and ask when he can come. "This afternoon 430 or so". Tell him done deal. He shows up, does not quibble, buys it at asking. I mark it sold. First guy messages me "What happened?" And people wonder why I drink and am losing my hair

I haven't had many problems at all with FBMP. Even the phone number grifters have started to fade off. It's kind of the only game in town as Craigslist is pretty much dead.

Back