I will just leave this here

Never seen this before:
I am thinking an adaptation from an old 300 series grill. Not sure how he adapted parts for the top. I am assuming the ends are not open, but that would have required some stainless steel work. They used to sell an "extended" cart set to try and compete with the trend toward outdoor kitchens:

Big problem with this is the same as the grill itself: a bunch of painted steel sitting outside to rust away.

After talking myself out of driving a couple hours to pick up a Junior that was in really bad shape, I ran into this yesterday.
344729394_6430501470333153_1347793224383491115_n.jpg

For $20, it was worth a 45 minute drive. It was a mile from where I picked up a free Silver C a few weeks ago. When I asked the seller how they ended up with it, she said "My husband went dumpster diving."

Great catch. I am glad someone here got it. The one near me is in very good condition and price dropped to $120. I might be able to help a fellow member get it.

Reading here about the Char Q made me realize it was the charcoal grill I could both use and enjoy it's one-off style. Everything seems to be there and in fair shape but I'll know if it's a keeper once the rain stops and I can unpack it. It might play second fiddle to the Silver A for most quick cooks but should be a tasty option for burgers and steaks. My back likes it already.

It might be worth it to someone for the hood if it is not too badly faded and the rest of the parts. Too bad the unique condiment rack is gone. The shelves would be a much easier replacement.
Yes, the only part of that grill left that makes it a Skyline is the lid so it would be nice if it was clean enough to see it's condition. The guy must think it's special since he wants $100 for half of a grill.

Reading here about the Char Q made me realize it was the charcoal grill I could both use and enjoy it's one-off style. Everything seems to be there and in fair shape but I'll know if it's a keeper once the rain stops and I can unpack it. It might play second fiddle to the Silver A for most quick cooks but should be a tasty option for burgers and steaks. My back likes it already.
Look forward to seeing more pictures when your are able. I hope it will prove relatively easy to get up and running.

That might just be a clever conversion of an old E 300 to a cabinet.
No IIRC Weber sold them as cabinets to work with the redesigned Genesis and Summits back around 2012

Here's pics from the FB Listing.

20230503_110359.jpg

20230503_110425.jpg

I think it was it's own thing.

Below is my not yet completed prototype storage table using an E330 cabinet. The side panels are definitely different. And it looks like the one above has a center post. I wonder if it is one large cabinet inside or if it is split in two.

20230503_082929.jpg
I want to enclose the side and back openings and I would like to add a drawer above the top of the doors.

I will use parts from another cabinet not this one. This cabinet is in great shape, I'm just using it as is as a prototype.

Read the description in this add:

@Bruce - I'm not sure whether to thank you or curse you, but I picked this up tonight and it's sitting in the back of my minivan. I'm hoping to reclaim some parts (mainly the firebox) so I can get my built-in grill functional again. So thank you for posting this - I stopped searching for these 25-year old Ducane grills because I could never find one available, and then lo and behold you posted this a couple of weeks ago. I also have to thank @LMichaels for talking me through a couple of things on this grill since he used to own one. I appreciate the help from both of you.

I plan to post my reclamation project in the Gas Grill section as soon as I start it. I hope that's okay. I know it's not a Weber grill, but they did buy Ducane at some point, so I'm hoping that's close enough. :) I look forward to starting this project. It's not a pretty grill, but I'm hoping it cooks well.

1683259557742.png

Maybe that grill has Spirit
I plan to post my reclamation project in the Gas Grill section as soon as I start it. I hope that's okay. I know it's not a Weber grill, but they did buy Ducane at some point, so I'm hoping that's close enough. :)

its all good seeing the classic's being kept alive.

we might draw the line rehabbing a charbroil though ;)

Let's look at this one.

1683262140283.png
All Original No Rust No Paint as the ad says. Let's take a look...

Hmm. I think I see a drip in the middle of the cross bar and some ugly thumb prints on the left leg.

00L0L_cfpRLhSbMi2_0CI0lL_1200x900.jpg

Flav Bars and Grates look nice, but take a look at the control panel

00m0m_eoUp9oPq8XC_0CI0lL_1200x900.jpg

BAM, Presto Chango it has newer knobs and control panel. How does that happen?

00S0S_ix6jccQ2M4y_0CI0lL_1200x900.jpg

But the kettle logo is on the left, and the handle is an x000 platinum handle vs a handle from a Silver B.

And it has the plastic condiment holder on the right which came later, say 2004? That seems in line with the newer style silver Frame without left-to-right cross bars.

But Wait? what? this is a new-style logo badge. how did the kettle move from the left to the right so fast.

00101_7LUIs4BnJcw_0CI0lL_1200x900.jpg

Ok, whatever, I'm just being nit picky, except for the drippy paint its not bad for $225 but I wonder what grill would be there for pickup.

I thought it was an old Spirit at first because of the handle. I also hope that the manifold on the grill matches whatever control panel he is planning on giving you with it.

I think he just liked the earlier design plastic handles as used in the 90s on spirits, gennys and Skylines. The swe frame identifies it.
I once picked up an early silver with an 8006 panel and didn’t even notice until I got home.

Here’s a picture for identification …..

Attachments

• IMG_0444.jpeg
    IMG_0444.jpeg
    248.2 KB · Views: 8

Back