I will just leave this here

That's probably a better way to look at it. I admit to having some emotional attachment - probably quite a bit - to both grilling and Weber. If I see something from Weber that is old and tells something about their interesting past history, I am sucker for wanting it. I wouldn't do the same for something from Charbroil or Nexgrill. PK grills has its own story in the same timeframe as Weber's. I can (and have been) drawn down that whirlpool as well!

That's fair. I look for quality, durability, reliability and function. Weber certainly checks those boxes with many of their grills...old and newer.
I have found Broilmaster does as well.

I think Weber only sold the Duncane Stainless Steel at Home Depot, it was their exclusive.

The powder coated Ducane gas grills were sold to independent and co-op stores as a lower price point option compared to Weber Spirit, Genesis and Summit lines. It allowed Weber to capture some of the opening price point market.

I agree that “Made in America” is nostalgic and there is something very cool about cooking on those classics.
The very original Ducane grills were all cast aluminum and were somewhat similar to Broilmaster grills. I recall them being expensive and sold at places like LP gas companies.

The very original Ducane grills were all cast aluminum and were somewhat similar to Broilmaster grills. I recall them being expensive and sold at places like LP gas companies.
I find it is hard to have brand allegiance and be practical at the same time. Brands change things all the time, and our needs change as well. I remember visiting a friends parents home in DE about 20 years ago. His dad was outside grilling on his Ducane. He about made me swear on a stack of bibles that if I ever bought a new grill, it had to be a Ducane! Sadly they were no where to be found anymore. I really like Weber and recommend them to almost everyone, but I have a Napolean Prestige 500 because it has the IR side burner, rotisserie burner, cast aluminum firebox, and high enough rotisserie that I do not have to remove the grates to cook. If Weber had those features I would have gone for their gill in a heartbeat. I think the only brand I am almost 100% loyal to is Toyota. They never have let me down and are just the most reliable cars I have ever owned.

If a product treats me well I am definitely brand loyal. Though I don't blindly sign a purchase check just because it's XYZ brand. I still do a lot of research. Especially if it is a big ticket item (anything more than $350 is big ticket to me BTW

Here's something different. I can't find any information about it but it's weird enough to be interesting. Maybe from the 70's?
342587750_9873856242640646_7639155799469238946_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/marketplac...wse_serp:a1543a46-0369-40e2-8671-7566781597e8

It looks 70's. The thermometer is like the one on the Warm Morning grill that I rehabbed and that was from the 70's. That is definitely not like any other BM I have seen before though. It looks like an early attempt at a portable grill.

With it's cast firebox and lid, I suspect it was priced out of the portable market. I'm guessing it was something their dealers had on display but rarely sold. That thermometer going to 700 degrees is optimistic on this little guy. It's a half hour away and for ten bucks it's almost tempting.

Our new house had a built-in Ducane that I'm trying to figure out a game plan for. Nothing else is going to fit into these dimensions without doing some stone work, so I might rehab it.

Not sure if this an original or a later model. I know it's pre-bankruptcy though.

PXL_20220901_113522484.jpg

Our new house had a built-in Ducane that I'm trying to figure out a game plan for. Nothing else is going to fit into these dimensions without doing some stone work, so I might rehab it.

Not sure if this an original or a later model. I know it's pre-bankruptcy though.

View attachment 69796
I am no expert, but I would guess if you post the dimensions of the opening, the tvwbb brain trust might offer some suggestions.

View attachment 69796
Post dimensions. Width height depth.

NG or LPG?

Yep, that is an old original. It was also available as a 3 burner. 2 main burners and a rear rotisserie burner with smoke tray above it. I actually had one

I hadn't been thinking about doing anything with it for a while until @Bruce posted this a week ago:
Ducane with mouse nest

I didn't realize these things were still out in the wild, so I started doing a little hunting. I need to do something with it. Not because I need more grilling space, but right now it is just an eyesore, and it's not even useable. About a year ago, a big wind ripped the lid right off the firebox.

Back of grill - you can see where the firebox is cracked off where the hinges were attached:
PXL_20230429_171732779.jpg
Here's a picture of one of the lid hinges:
PXL_20230429_171753024.jpg

To answer a couple of the other questions, it is NG, and the stone opening is 26.5" W x 21" D x 34" H. Eventually, I would look to replace the entire thing with something that I really want, making the opening bigger if necessary to accommodate. But I'm not looking to make a major investment right now. So I'm looking to find someone who is trying to get rid of old Ducane and hopefully I can just drop in a new firebox and lid onto the existing stand and not make any other modifications. It looks like bottom burners, ignitors, and knobs are readily available online. The rear rotisserie box is available, but not the burner and tube. So if I can find a firebox, I think I could rehab it completely (minus the rotisserie option) and make it useable again.

View attachment 69796
That looks like a most worthy rehab project. Im sure there are burners and parts from other grill manufacturers that would work just fine.

Yep, that is an old original. It was also available as a 3 burner. 2 main burners and a rear rotisserie burner with smoke tray above it. I actually had one
Yeah, this one has the two bottom burners and the rear rotisserie burner. Well, the rear burner doesn't actually exist anymore - it has rotted into oblivion. Model # is 5004SHNE, and now that I look at the tag, it was from the either mid-90's (based on the ANSI date) or more likely 1999 (based on the serial #).

1682789741911.png

I hadn't been thinking about doing anything with it for a while until @Bruce posted this a week ago:
Ducane with mouse nest

I didn't realize these things were still out in the wild, so I started doing a little hunting. I need to do something with it. Not because I need more grilling space, but right now it is just an eyesore, and it's not even useable. About a year ago, a big wind ripped the lid right off the firebox.

Back of grill - you can see where the firebox is cracked off where the hinges were attached:
View attachment 69807
Here's a picture of one of the lid hinges:
View attachment 69808

To answer a couple of the other questions, it is NG, and the stone opening is 26.5" W x 21" D x 34" H. Eventually, I would look to replace the entire thing with something that I really want, making the opening bigger if necessary to accommodate. But I'm not looking to make a major investment right now. So I'm looking to find someone who is trying to get rid of old Ducane and hopefully I can just drop in a new firebox and lid onto the existing stand and not make any other modifications. It looks like bottom burners, ignitors, and knobs are readily available online. The rear rotisserie box is available, but not the burner and tube. So if I can find a firebox, I think I could rehab it completely (minus the rotisserie option) and make it useable again.
Thanks for the dimensions. A 2016 E330 is 29 wide without shelves, so just a tad too wide.

Back