I will just leave this here

Well it sucks that shipping costs are so high as there still seems to be decent availability. Not the "free" whirlwind like it was in 2021 but still a decent pace of older grills.

saw this one on FB. Looks like wood used on a 2003 Silver C. He posted the tag with DT date code. I'm wondering if it s a multi-year mongrel.

334286161_4422428097982376_6976171365993778971_n.jpg
That’s an interesting mix. Somewhere along the line it picked up a set of Weber Q or MasterTouch kettle wheels and covers.

Yah, I have seen the Genesis 1000's refered to as Model 8006 several times before not knowing that is simple the control panel part number that the 1000's use.

Yah, I have seen the Genesis 1000's refered to as Model 8006 several times before not knowing that is simple the control panel part number that the 1000's use.
Another interesting thing is that 8006 isn't even the part # of the control panel, its10360

Seriously.

If I bought another grill, that would be the type it would be.

It’s about an hours drive from work.

Not this time though.
Now that I feel pretty confident about how the stainless reinforcement panels my sheet metal shop helped me make will work, I see these grills as being much more restorable. If you need an obscure part, however, you will have to substitute or fabricate as these wonderful grills have long since been orphaned by Weber. Regardless, when I say "restorable" I mean for personal use. I would never do one to flip unless I had a firm agreement in advance with someone who was willing to pay for the hours of labor a frame off restore of this more complex design requires.

Now that I feel pretty confident about how the stainless reinforcement panels my sheet metal shop helped me make will work, I see these grills as being much more restorable. If you need an obscure part, however, you will have to substitute or fabricate as these wonderful grills have long since been orphaned by Weber. Regardless, when I say "restorable" I mean for personal use. I would never do one to flip unless I had a firm agreement in advance with someone who was willing to pay for the hours of labor a frame off restore of this more complex design requires.
Wouldn't it be nice if Weber would sell all the tooling for the parts they don't want to make anymore to another company to keep the old grills going? I know it will never happen, but it's a nice thought.

Wouldn't it be nice if Weber would sell all the tooling for the parts they don't want to make anymore to another company to keep the old grills going? I know it will never happen, but it's a nice thought.
Wouldn’t it be nice if Weber would actually use that tooling they own to offer up a retro classic 1000 series or Silver B? Maybe in some never before available colors like they’ve done with the kettles? I’ll be first in line for a nice vibrant or tropical green, please.

Wouldn’t it be nice if Weber would actually use that tooling they own to offer up a retro classic 1000 series or Silver B? Maybe in some never before available colors like they’ve done with the kettles? I’ll be first in line for a nice vibrant or tropical green, please.
Yes, I would definitely be on board with that. Maybe at some point one of the geniuses there will circle back to that conclusion. I notice they haven't messed with the design of the kettles too much in 75 years.

Ford brought back the Bronco.

Dodge brought back the Charger.

I wonder if Weber could bring back the Genesis 1000 series with the same bulletproof construction, made with American labor and materials, and sell it at a price point that they could make a profit.

There are so many cheap Chinese grills on offer that I wonder.

Even on this Weber enthusiast’s forum, there are so many who are loud and proud about supporting the People’s republic of communist totalitarianism who are not quiet about their goals of destroying the US.

It would be sweet if Weber did that though.

I would probably buy one just to support the effort.

Yes, I would definitely be on board with that. Maybe at some point one of the geniuses there will circle back to that conclusion. I notice they haven't messed with the design of the kettles too much in 75 years.
They basically sold that same design of Genesis gas grill for 15 years. Genesis 1 through Genesis 1000 era. 1985-2000. The Silver wasn't a huge change, but they totally got away from it in 2006 when they went with the Genesis E3xx platform. If they did "circle back" and make a retro grill while maintaining quality, they would likely kill the resto/flip market.

They basically sold that same design of Genesis gas grill for 15 years. Genesis 1 through Genesis 1000 era. 1985-2000. The Silver wasn't a huge change, but they totally got away from it in 2006 when they went with the Genesis E3xx platform. If they did "circle back" and make a retro grill while maintaining quality, they would likely kill the resto/flip market.
If they made it in the States I'd expect it would have to sell for well over $500, maybe closer to $1000 as a "special edition". If they marketed it well, it could bring about revived interest. If it is shown as retro and cool, it could be a hit on social media and become another trendy darling of younger folks. It might actually increase demand for the restored "OG" at higher but more affordable prices. Younger people are buying old vinyl records and now even CD's. Once they hear the sound quality of uncompressed recordings, they keep coming back, it seems.

Too bad this idea would likely never fly as those revived original Genesis designs might eat into into their existing sales. Once a new generation finds out how well they work, they might have created a monster.

Back