I will just leave this here

Hopefully going to pick this up tomorrow. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1222671428287269/

I'm not sure I'm crazy about the brown lid but sounds like it's in decent shape overall and I have plenty of other lids to use
The brown hood was one of the first original colors Weber offered. It fit with the mid 1980s, I guess. You don't see very many left.

If shipping wasn't so crazy you would easily find someone to buy it or swap for another color.

You mean the Silver lids that have round handles or the concave ones? Are those lids different?

I have limited first-hand experience with lids that have round handles, or concave handles.

The only one I have to compare is a 2002 Genesis Gold lid with round handle. ( someday ) I might see if I can the SS center into enamel style end caps. It would then give me one more serviceable lid assembly.

You mean the Silver lids that have round handles or the concave ones? Are those lids different?
On the 2004-2005 silvers where the lids had more of a curve and the end caps had more flare inward near the handle, those are not compatible with the older style squarer lids. The shape isn't the same so the profile doesn't fit. They also changed the handles and mounting for the lids on the newer silvers. Besides that difference and if you haf a smaller 2 burner 'A' silver the lids and parts should mostly be compatible so a pre 2004 silver b or c lid should fit with older x000 series grills lid parts.

That is a Genesis 1000 that someone stuck a Genesis Gold lid on. The other significant thing is that it looks like the grill has the black durawood as well. Definitely not worth $180 however.

So let me ask you guys your opinions about using this lid on a flip grill. I have some end caps that had the screw that held the original thermometer bracket snap off. I cleaned it up and painted them. Should I scrap this lid or use it? I think it will look pretty good on the silver C I'm cleaning up right now.

IMG_20190916_203953.jpg

The brown hood was one of the first original colors Weber offered. It fit with the mid 1980s, I guess. You don't see very many left.

If shipping wasn't so crazy you would easily find someone to buy it or swap for another color.
Yeah I think the lid is in ok shape I noticed one spot on it. But it might come off. Burners, flavor bars and the grill all seem to be in good shape. I also like the black durawood slats. The metal brackets for the bottom slats are in tough shape though.

Did you move the thermometer from the side to the middle of the lid? I am pretty sure those lids did not ever come with the middle mount thermometer.

Did you move the thermometer from the side to the middle of the lid? I am pretty sure those lids did not ever come with the middle mount thermometer.
I bought it like that it was on a Genesis 1000. The Previous owner did that for some reason. it still have the mounting point on the end cap for the old style thermometer. The screw broke off when i was disassembling the end caps for cleaning and I figured I would roll with it.

Another question I have a 2003ish SIlver C. It's side burner has its own ignitor assembly. I have the white wire connected from the side of the pushbutton assembly to the bottom of the electrode. The other wire that connects to the bottom of the button assembly is missing, and im not even sure where I would connect it to. I don't see a mounting point on the frame anywhere to ground it.

Back