I will just leave this here

In the Boston area Genesis Silver/Gold 3 burner grills top out around $250 to $300 with a good not black lid. The odd thing is new parts don’t seem to matter too much in my opinion in that market. It seems to be how well you can promote the grill.
I get concerned about investing in new internals because there are tons of grills for sale. Especially in the Lowell area by a guy that gives them a hose down and a coat of spray paint inside and out and get listed as completely refurbished. He certainly sold several of the e3xx style grills but his older stuff just seems to sit. I don't want to spend a ton of time and money to not make anything other than a mess and a grill I have no need for haha

Yah, it depends on your location much of the time. How well the grill is cleaned up. Having the cook box sand blasted really helps.

Yah, it depends on your location much of the time. How well the grill is cleaned up. Having the cook box sand blasted really helps.
I've considered the sand blasting thing. I noticed a shop near me that does sand blasting and powder coating today actually. I might have to give them a call. I think the most annoying part of this hobby is cleaning the cook box and end caps for sure

Yes, I agree Rich and sandblasting does a much better job. Prices vary quite a bit though. It should cost less than $50 for the cook box and maybe $10 for each end cap. imo.

I get concerned about investing in new internals because there are tons of grills for sale. Especially in the Lowell area by a guy that gives them a hose down and a coat of spray paint inside and out and get listed as completely refurbished. He certainly sold several of the e3xx style grills but his older stuff just seems to sit. I don't want to spend a ton of time and money to not make anything other than a mess and a grill I have no need for haha

If you have complete, non-black lids try posting your collection as is on this site to see if you have any interest. You might get someone to take the entire lot

sadly, in my micro-market decent looking silver B/C or gold Cs unrestored but in good condition sit for weeks at $50 or less. and ones in fair to poor condition often sit "free" for a while.

A couple of restored ones are posted for $200 and $250 and haven't moved in weeks.

and this one has four weber carb's with an asking price of $62,500

Luckily weberitis is helping to keep me away from vintage cars...

1658972023643.png

This one is $225. new grates, flav bars, natural gas.

View attachment 56244

Keep in mind that NG grills are typically harder to sell as they have a much smaller market base than LP grills.

Thanks for the feedback. The prices of Amazon parts are certainly getting more expensive. I figure new flavor bars, grates and an ignitor are pushing $100. Add in a decent set of non OEM tubes and it adds up quick. I just don't see getting $300 or more for a silver or x000 style grill. I barely got $250 for a decent e320 with side burner recently, granted that wasn't repainted and I rebuilt the floor to look factory but still.

I'm working on a silver C currently. I'll post that when it's best complete.
I can not see wasting perfectly serviceable parts. Most clean up really well with simple green and heavy duty steel wool. These are used and this is how I post them. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1946473088876204

1658977424416.jpeg
1658977662947.jpeg
1658977787513.jpeg

I can not see wasting perfectly serviceable parts. Most clean up really well with simple green and heavy duty steel wool. These are used and this is how I post them. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1946473088876204

View attachment 56247
View attachment 56248
View attachment 56249
I'm with you on replacing parts just because, especially burner tubes. That grill cleaned up great. The only thing I might have done differently is to drop $20 on a cheapo set of flavorizer bars.

Yeah, if I were wanting a new grill I'd buy one in a heartbeat over a Weber or anything else. But, that one is in Indiana and a loooooooooooooong way from me. If I wanted to buy that it would cost me nearly double it's ask in gas :D

I guess ill have to test the waters, I've never sold one of the Silver or 1000's to anyone I didn't know.

I've refurbed 4 grills so far, 1 was a gift, 2 to neighbors for almost no profit, and most recently the first facebook sale, where I took $250 instead of $300 for an E320 quick flip I did. this is the work I try to turn out on every grill, certainly not perfect.

PXL_20201121_190750124.jpgPXL_20201121_190808395.jpgPXL_20201221_210058633.jpgPXL_20220701_122957677.jpgPXL_20220701_123044211.jpgPXL_20220701_123053400.jpg

Rich, those grills look grate. No reason you can't get good money flipping them. Many started out the same as you. They fixed up a grill or two for themselves, then maybe a friend of family member and finally drop one or two on the sale sites and it all begins there.

Question on the E3xx grill. The floor doesn't have a hole in it for the LP tank. Is that a NG grill. I see it does have the LP tank scale on the inside.

Rich, those grills look grate. No reason you can't get good money flipping them. Many started out the same as you. They fixed up a grill or two for themselves, then maybe a friend of family member and finally drop one or two on the sale sites and it all begins there.

Question on the E3xx grill. The floor doesn't have a hole in it for the LP tank. Is that a NG grill. I see it does have the LP tank scale on the inside.
Yeah it is a Propane grill... I picked up the e320 one with a seized valve i couldn't free up and was damaged, and scored another e310 for free last month. I swapped the valves, then because the floor was in tough shape on this one, made a PVC trim frame, and cut the rear panel of the donor grill to make a new floor. I eventually just flipped the scale to the outside so the tank could still hang. Buyer was using it at his shop for his guys to grill on, didn't much care and it was a good solution to the issue. I also put slimline magnetic door catches to fix the cruddy ones on the doors after the pictures were taken. I suppose I should have held firm at $300, or asked $350 and taken $300.

PXL_20220629_233016702.jpgPXL_20220629_235537765.jpg

Yeah it is a Propane grill... I picked up the e320 one with a seized valve i couldn't free up and was damaged, and scored another e310 for free last month. I swapped the valves, then because the floor was in tough shape on this one, made a PVC trim frame, and cut the rear panel of the donor grill to make a new floor. I eventually just flipped the scale to the outside so the tank could still hang. Buyer was using it at his shop for his guys to grill on, didn't much care and it was a good solution to the issue. I also put slimline magnetic door catches to fix the cruddy ones on the doors after the pictures were taken. I suppose I should have held firm at $300, or asked $350 and taken $300.

View attachment 56290View attachment 56289
Very nice job and thinking outside the box. I started rehabbing before finding this group and discovered that I was selling them way too cheap. This group also upped my game tremendously. I was in Richmond and folks were putting them out in the allies for trash all the time. I was doing all brands of grills but found most of the others too hard to restore as the metal where you attach the burners or sit the flavorizers was usually shot and I would have to "fabricate" something to get it back together again. The cast aluminum fire box and tubing are really the secret sauce.

View attachment 56290View attachment 56289
I like the ingenuity.

Back