I will just leave this here

Greeeeaat....now I gotta break down and go buy a kettle. Disliking the grates was always an easy way to justify not getting one but I love the way the grates cook on my Q.

Last edited:
I hate to show my ignorance by asking, but what size kettle is this that the Q grate fits so nicely on? And would it matter that mine is a Q1200 with split grates IIRC?

I hate to show my ignorance by asking, but what size kettle is this that the Q grate fits so nicely on? And would it matter that mine is a Q1200 with split grates IIRC?
It is a 22" kettle, standard size. Probably fit a WSM 22 also. I imagine if you had the full griddle for the Q2x grill it would be perfect for the kettle also. I know someone bought one not long ago and did a thread on it.

At first I thought this was going to be another one of those V8 grills. But it is not. This is not actually Weber or even grill related, but I thought it was interesting anyway. Some people just have too much time on their hands.

At first I thought this was going to be another one of those V8 grills. But it is not. This is not actually Weber or even grill related, but I thought it was interesting anyway. Some people just have too much time on their hands.

That was pretty awesome. Then I went down the rabbit hole and watched metal poured into an ant colony and a breakup. https://fb.watch/c9v39vLTFC/

A free Silver C, three minutes away. I could not let it go. The ad was taken down by the time I got home so this is the only pic I have.

I like this frame as it has the lower cross member and separates in the middle. What I'm trying to say is the table supports and stove supports are not the slide-in style that seem to break and weaken.

Burners and Flav bars are shot.

Grates look fair but I think they are porcelain not SS.

The rest is in serviceable condition.

1649024826743.png

Back