I will just leave this here

LOL. Were they delivered by mail or UPS or Fedex?
IDK. I have one set sitting in the basement and the other day I was out in the back garage looking for something and glanced up on a shelf and there was another set, brand new still in the original packaging. Go figure. I guess I am officially a "hoarder".

Here ya go, Bruce. I’m almost done with this Platinum C. I’m not sure if it deserved all these shiny new bits, but it’s got all brand new parts including the cook box and complete lid along with the suggested grates.
That grill really was spared no expense. Nice. Should last you another 25 years now.

Here ya go, Bruce. I’m almost done with this Platinum C. I’m not sure if it deserved all these shiny new bits, but it’s got all brand new parts including the cook box and complete lid along with the suggested grates.
How did you manage a new lid and firebox?

How did you manage a new lid and firebox?
Sometimes the grill gods smile upon you. The previous owner had collected quite a few parts in anticipation of attempting a repair on their own. I’m pretty sure the roached out floorpan and lack of available OEM parts to fix it probably scared them away from the idea. I just happened to be in the right place at the right time to scoop things up.

It looks like you found a new floor pan. Or at least fixed it up nicely.
I fabbed up my own using composite decking, aluminum z-brackets, and aluminum cross ties. The height is set correctly to accept the doors back on it but I like the look of it better without them so far. We’ll see which way fate takes me, I guess.

The Platinum looks nice on the outside, but the telltale signs of rust on the bottom are there if you look. Still, with everything else nice - no apparent side table "sag" and a tolerable hood liner, it would be worth it to me if I wanted to go back to having a Platinum. Of course, I do, but I also want a dozen other Weber grills! :ROFLMAO: I hope someone here can get it, though.

The Platinum looks nice on the outside, but the telltale signs of rust on the bottom are there if you look. Still, with everything else nice - no apparent side table "sag" and a tolerable hood liner, it would be worth it to me if I wanted to go back to having a Platinum. Of course, I do, but I also want a dozen other Weber grills! :ROFLMAO: I hope someone here can get it, though.
Rust? Isn’t it all stainless frame and cabinet?

It does look like a decent specimen. Yes, you can see some rust creeping out of the bottom and it's NG. I can't get excited about it because it's a bit of haul for me to get it on top of the $100 I know I would have to shell out for it initially. Factor in the cost of gas right now and I'm out. I posted it so hopefully somebody here grabs it.

Sammer's on facebook always asking for contact phone number. Is it ok to post address?

Last edited:
That was already posted, but it looks like Washington State. City called Republic. At least that is what her FB profile lists as her home.

Back