I will just leave this here

Are parts from the two grills pictured interchangeable? I'm not sure if I want to swap hoods or restore the silver. I can get the Spirit grill for a song and would love to scavenge the burners, manifold, drip tray if possible.

Attachments

• IMG_2607.JPG
    IMG_2607.JPG
    141.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 00n0n_dSaMfMob6Dzz_0MM132_600x450.jpg
    00n0n_dSaMfMob6Dzz_0MM132_600x450.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 5
Are parts from the two grills pictured interchangeable? I'm not sure if I want to swap hoods or restore the silver. I can get the Spirit grill for a song and would love to scavenge the burners, manifold, drip tray if possible.
Weber Silver A, Spirit 500 and 2007 Spirit 200 use the same drip tray.

I would say yes, but I don't deal a lot with the two burners so i cannot be sure. I am sure there are others than know that better than I do and will chime in. Your blue one is a Silver A and I think the Black Spirit is a 2007.

They look that way to me. I can't see for positive but assume they are both 2-burner grills. So the hoods and internals would all be the same. If you wanted to get fancy, you could probably take everything apart and make one grill with a cabinet AND a fold-down table. That would involve swapping the frame leg on the left, because when they farmed these out to China (your black hood grill) they stopped putting on the hardware for the swing table. Of course, that only makes sense if you want a cabinet and the bottom isn't a lost cause.

If they are both 2 burners almost all parts are interchangeable.

The frame heights are different. The spirit with the cabinet is taller.

All the guts are the same

They look that way to me. I can't see for positive but assume they are both 2-burner grills. So the hoods and internals would all be the same. If you wanted to get fancy, you could probably take everything apart and make one grill with a cabinet AND a fold-down table. That would involve swapping the frame leg on the left, because when they farmed these out to China (your black hood grill) they stopped putting on the hardware for the swing table. Of course, that only makes sense if you want a cabinet and the bottom isn't a lost cause.
Great minds think a like!

Back