I will just leave this here

First off, it is not my cat. It is a Main Coon and I would love to have one. My daughter has me just about convinced to get one when our two regular cats pass on. She has several of them as patients at the vet clinic she works at and says they have a wonderful temperament. They are $1500 Cdn here from a reputable breeder so that is a downside as well. But they are beautiful!

First off, it is not my cat. It is a Main Coon and I would love to have one. My daughter has me just about convinced to get one when our two regular cats pass on. She has several of them as patients at the vet clinic she works at and says they have a wonderful temperament. They are $1500 Cdn here from a reputable breeder so that is a downside as well. But they are beautiful!
An neighbor of mine a long time ago had one. I was at their house and it came out. I had never heard of a Maine Coon cat before that, and I was shocked and said, "That's the biggest cat I have ever seen!" From what I have read they do have a very good temperament. Because of their value, some things I have read strongly urge them not to be allowed outside as people will steal them! If something happens to mine, I would love to have one, too, but I don't see shelling out that much.

My long-hair (not a Persian) came with our house for free. He is an outdoor cat, and the sellers were afraid he would try to find his way back from their new house or get run over. He is very much a homer and doesn't wander the neighborhood that I have ever seen. Also not interested in hunting birds, a plus. He has a "kitty door" in the garage and hangs out there when it is cold using a heated pad to sleep on. As you saw, I sometimes let him in my glassed in porch office, the only place my wife is OK with that. He is probably the best cat I have ever had. Very people friendly and always trying to figure out how to get on my lap - even while I try to work. He also has just enough "attitude" to make him funny. If I am petting him outside and leave to go in, he will often slap at me with his paw to try to get me to stay. One time I let him in my workshop. As I was working at the desk I have there, he promptly made himself at home on my lap. When I was done I made him get down and leave with me. As we got outside the shop door, he looked up at me and hissed - just to let me know he had been very happy where we were and didn't appreciate being thrown out! Other than that, he is almost a silent cat never really meowing other than a rare short greeting for me.

Sammy.jpeg

When I moved from Florida to rural Indiana to care for one of my wife's relatives, I told my wife I wanted three things out of the deal:
1.) A dog
2.) A cat
3.) A shop

It has worked out that way! The cat and dog are quite funny as they work out their pecking order.

Sammy & Zoey.jpeg

Last edited:
After a firebox has been sandblasted. Do you spray can the firebox or use the roll on can to repaint it.
You can do either, but from what I've seen here the paint that comes in a can dries to a distinctly brown color. It's strange, but I've seen more than one picture of it.

An neighbor of mine a long time ago had one. I was at their house and it came out. I had never heard of a Maine Coon cat before that, and I was shocked and said, "That's the biggest cat I have ever seen!" From what I have read they do have a very good temperament. Because of their value, some things I have read strongly urge them not to be allowed outside as people will steal them! If something happens to mine, I would love to have one, too, but I don't see shelling out that much.

My long-hair (not a Persian) came with our house for free. He is an outdoor cat, and the sellers were afraid he would try to find his way back from their new house or get run over. He is very much a homer and doesn't wander the neighborhood that I have ever seen. Also not interested in hunting birds, a plus. He has a "kitty door" in the garage and hangs out there when it is cold using a heated pad to sleep on. As you saw, I sometimes let him in my glassed in porch office, the only place my wife is OK with that. He is probably the best cat I have ever had. Very people friendly and always trying to figure out how to get on my lap - even while I try to work. He also has just enough "attitude" to make him funny. If I am petting him outside and leave to go in, he will often slap at me with his paw to try to get me to stay. One time I let him in my workshop. As I was working at the desk I have there, he promptly made himself at home on my lap. When I was done I made him get down and leave with me. As we got outside the shop door, he looked up at me and hissed - just to let me know he had been very happy where we were and didn't appreciate being thrown out! Other than that, he is almost a silent cat never really meowing other than a rare short greeting for me.

View attachment 47390

When I moved from Florida to rural Indiana to care for one of my wife's relatives, I told my wife I wanted three things out of the deal:
1.) A dog
2.) A cat
3.) A shop

It has worked out that way! The cat and dog are quite funny as they work out their pecking order.

View attachment 47391
This is "my" outside cat. He's not really mine, or anybody's for that matter. I've got a little bed in the garage for him and a bowl for his food. He comes by when he feels like it. Sometimes he stays for a while, others times he may just eat and leave. 20220318_001423.jpg

Yeah, I can definitely see that. That Ducane probably was a decent cooker in its day, but now another orphan. In its case, not really worth the high level effort it would take to bring it back. It's especially helpful to have someone who has tried and knows for sure to weigh in on that. Thanks, Tom!

Looks like a Genesis 1000 that they replaced the wood shelf with a Silver B thermoset shelf. I would probably offer $5 to take it off his hands. He is going to have a hard time getting any money for it. If the tank comes with it, maybe $10

Back