I will just leave this here

What is this thing? I notice it's got stainless rod grates but they don't look high end and I doubt they'd drop right into a 1000 / Silver box.

What is this thing? I notice it's got stainless rod grates but they don't look high end and I doubt they'd drop right into a 1000 / Silver box.

2011 to 2016 Genesis S310

Grates are different size than x000 / silver

Price is right.

20220311_222838.jpg

Yah, I think weber used them as a test bed so they wouldn't have to trash their own brand name if their experiments didn't work out. I think outsourcing production was one of those tests.

I did a rehab on a Ducane about 3 years ago and will never forget fighting my way throught the entire project trying to find parts that were no longer available or otherwise adapting a workaround when those parts couldn’t be found. Then I couldn’t get the thing to light properly when it was finished. Come to find out, it had a safety feature of some type where you could not light a subsequent burner while another burner was already lit and turned up on high. If it weren’t for Google and being able to track down an electronic scan of the user’s manual, I might still be wrangling with the darn thing. I wasn’t sorry to see that one go off to a new home...

Last edited:
We see a fair number of Weber-Ducanes around here, for some reason. They don't seem to sell; this one, for instance, has been listed for a solid year now.

(It started out at $240, and the seller raises the price by $20 every few months. The clever strategy doesn't seem to be working all that well.)

Screen Shot 2022-03-12 at 1.19.59 PM.jpg

"Used just a few times."

Really? And where has it been sitting for the last 18 years? :unsure:

Just picked up this one today. Now I have a maroon one....
Has newer stainless flavorizers, burners look OK, igniter works, stamped stainless grates have a multitude of broken welds, the aluminum foil catch pan dissolved during transit in my car, and the tables are pretty dirty, but it was free. Model 225000; DD date code- 2000.
temp.JPG

@Ralph That looks like it would clean up really well.

I'm wondering how it would look to dye the table end trim black like the slightly newer silver's.

I think black table-end trim and cleaned up thermoset would just POP and make the maroon lid look awesome.

It's making me re-think using the maroon lid that I have.

@Ralph That looks like it would clean up really well.

I'm wondering how it would look to dye the table end trim black like the slightly newer silver's.

I think black table-end trim and cleaned up thermoset would just POP and make the maroon lid look awesome.

It's making me re-think using the maroon lid that I have.
Add a classic Grill Out light handle to complete the black ensemble!

For stating in my thread Bruce, you are not so good with pics. I would say you are. Nice pics and Excellent Grill rehab as always. You are the best Man!

Back