I will just leave this here

Good catch on the lower rack, it's put together incorrectly. There is another set of holes up higher on the frame that will allow you to do it that way.

Too much for a tired-out Gold. If it was a Platinum with the stainless frame and cabinetry, maybe. I does at least have the smoker box and rear infrared rotisserie burner along with a side burner.

Too much for a tired-out Gold. If it was a Platinum with the stainless frame and cabinetry, maybe. I does at least have the smoker box and rear infrared rotisserie burner along with a side burner.
In my opinion, it's too much for any Summit. A few of the parts are worth something. I love the grates. Samuel loves the side burner. A stainless frame, if there were one, could be adapted to another grill. But the faulty box makes it, at best, a grill cooking on borrowed time.

In my opinion, it's too much for any Summit. A few of the parts are worth something. I love the grates. Samuel loves the side burner. A stainless frame, if there were one, could be adapted to another grill. But the faulty box makes it, at best, a grill cooking on borrowed time.
So true. I think that there may honestly be some Summit owners that may not know their grills are ticking time bombs and only know they paid a lot of money for them. Others I believe know that there is something wrong with the grill and are just trying to recoup some of their money by selling it to an unsuspecting customer in the same way people sell their money pit used cars.

That's kind of cool, is it an old accessory that you can't get anymore? We had a couple different kettles growing up but my experience with them ended with my Genesis platinum.
I think it's been discontinued for many years, or at least I've never seen one before. I don't think it's all that practical, especially with the current convention of letting meat rest after cooking. I still prefer the taste of charcoal but a gasser is so much less work IMO.

Back