I will just leave this here

Roy, to be honest, I am technically color blind. I would say it is dark blue. I haven't seen a darker blue lid.

I would like to have one, but wouldn't go far out of my way or spend a lot of money for one.
That's known as the Pragmatic Phase of Weberitis (or Catch and Release Phase). I could have picked up an '05 SS Platinum for $50 but I didn't want it bad enough to drive the 30mi to go get it. I watched it for about a week or so and it finally sold. Any more I just take a picture and add it to my "One that Got Away" collection.

Ed, now that is one deal I would have jumped on. I have a real use for an 05 SS platinum, but the bug killer would be more of a collector situation and I am not a serious collector.

Could I interest you in some Weber Lunettes?

View attachment 46526

That's more of a collectoritis thing than even I would go for. The $12.99 price on the box might tempt me, but I can think of better Weber items to spend $125 on. But, if you are determined to have it all - all Weber that is - then, hey, it's not every day you see these. They also made little candle lanterns and pole torches I believe. I guess their efforts to diversify didn't pan out all that well, because all those items faded away. I wish they had invested in more stainless and cast aluminum grill parts instead :rolleyes: !

I'm guessing this guy will come down to zero soon. He seems motivated. Others are asking big money for old Summits. This one appears to be junk. Normally that wouldn't phase me as it's been all about the grates. But the grates on the third gen are the wrong size for the old Genesis and he's removed them anyway. Posting just because it's cool to see someone almost giving away a Summit.

https://offerup.com/item/detail/1319295168There's no shortage of Summits that people want big money for. This one doesn't look too bad, but of course you have to take a closer look at it to see if it's trashed or not. Even still, there are people out there capable of bringing one back from the dead. Many of these people can be found here on this forum.

Last edited:

Back