I will just leave this here

In stock and ready to use as a lure to get your money.:mad:

FaceBook seems to be very busy policing political views but doesn't do near enough to police this kind of trash. FB Marketplace is full of it.

Yes, a 2nd generation Summit Silver - the "base" model of the Summit line back then. Does have a smoker box, but likely the grates are not the really good ones. Hard to argue with that price, though!

Yes, a 2nd generation Summit Silver - the "base" model of the Summit line back then. Does have a smoker box, but likely the grates are not the really good ones. Hard to argue with that price, though!
I already have the best grates going! I know you know what I'm talking about...I just think you should have included them in your grate reviews.

I added it to my "Catch and Release" folder.
Still, I hear the call of the Sirens...tie me to the mast, please!

Jon, when you say "not the good ones", are you talking about the stamped SS grates? I have a set of those, but I've never had a grill with N-S burners. Does this model have those uber-expensive flavo bars? Also, I like the closed cart, which is why I've hung onto our Silver C...it gives me a place to stow the roti stuff.

I have two sets of those grates and I think they're great. A notch down from Dave Santana's to be sure. Though I've never seen Dave's grates in person, I'm guessing these are only a small notch down. They're about as thick and almost as closely spaced. Super nice quality. And the price is free. Just have to haul off the rest of the $300 pounds of junk.

I believe this Summit Silver has stamped stainless steel grates not the nice solid stainless rid grates. I could be wrong. Not particularly dissing stamped stainless grates, but they are not as valuable as thick stainless rod grates that the nicer Summits have.

And yes, this generation Summit has those expensive flavorizer bars.

I believe this Summit Silver has stamped stainless steel grates not the nice solid stainless rid grates. I could be wrong. Not particularly dissing stamped stainless grates, but they are not as valuable as thick stainless rod grates that the nicer Summits have.

Thanks, Jon! Looks like love's labor lost to me, but one man's trash is another man's treasure...I wonder what that LH table was used for?

Both of the 2nd gen Summits I've picked up had beefy stainless rod grates. Of course they both had stainless frames too. This one looks a considerable step down, with its steel frame. Which leaves me wondering if maybe it's a first gen Summit, a beast I've not yet seen in the wild. Either way, I'd be seriously disappointed if I bought a grill as expensive as a Summit new and it came with stamped steel grates. Used, I'd not waste my time with it if it didn't have the awesome grates.

I think those are some kind of adjustable replacement grates you can buy at Home Depot,

The Summit Silver posted is definitely NOT a 1st generation Summit which is a wonderful grill other than the firebox problem. The 1st generation were all top end with the only distinction being your choice of 4 or 6 burner models.

With the 2nd generation Weber was really getting into the Silver/Gold/Platinum scale and extended that to the Summit line. I am with @Bruce that it doesn’t make sense to have cheap grates (or a cheap model) on the Summit.

I think those are some kind of adjustable replacement grates you can buy at Home Depot,

The Summit Silver posted is definitely NOT a 1st generation Summit which is a wonderful grill other than the firebox problem. The 1st generation were all top end with the only distinction being your choice of 4 or 6 burner models.

With the 2nd generation Weber was really getting into the Silver/Gold/Platinum scale and extended that to the Summit line. I am with @Bruce that it doesn’t make sense to have cheap grates (or a cheap model) on the Summit.
How did the 2nd gen differ from the first? Any reason to say it wasn't equally wonderful? Is the difference due to the strange design of the flavorizer bars?

Would you care to hazard a guess as to what year this grill is?

Lol, you too Jon? Bashing my stamped stainless steel Weber grates. I thought you were better than that 🤪

Back