I will just leave this here

.Jon, if that is a Grill out handle light, it certainly doesn't look in very good condition. I don't think it even has caps on the ends.

Made a trip to the east side of the Seattle metro area tonight with four grills in sight. Three were left out by the curb so there was a possibility we'd return with just one. We took my friend's step van after unloading most of the contents. This photo was taken when we were unloading at the end. This is the last grill to come off.

IMG_20220227_004919.jpg

Of the four grills, one was being held for us. The guy had grates for which he recently paid $115 plus tax. This set:

He had been asking $75 but that seemed too much. Though he paid a lot for the grates, I wasn't sure they were worth it. Plus they're 7mm stainless and I already had the 7mm BBQParts ones and the 9mm Summit grates. This grill sat for weeks. Today, he dropped the price to $20. Since my friend needs grates for his frankengrill, I contacted him. Also contacted my friend, who was raring to go.

Since we were making a long trip, we lined up as many other grills as we could, including the sweet redheaded Genesis 1. All but the one with the stainless grates were free.

We returned with three out of four. One must have been snagged by someone else -- yeah, the nerve of some people!

Here's our haul:

IMG_20220227_005014.jpg

The Silver with the stainless bar grates looked very well maintained. The grates looked super nice too. Better than I expected. Perhaps as nice as my BBQ Parts set. Maybe even better. The Genesis 1 redhead was in better shape than I expected. Yeah, the handle light is trash. It has tables with weird green planks -- I'm super curious about that. But it came with a nice cover and appears to have been carefully maintained. The second Silver appeared to be in good shape too.

Now we have plenty of raw materials for our projects and more grills than we know what to do with. My Weberitis appears to have impacted my friend. He asked for a link to this site. I'm discovering that two guys with Weberitis are more dangerous than one because we seem to egg each other on. I'd have not made any trip tonight had I been alone.

Here I am with the haul. Tomorrow we'll assess what to do with the loot.

IMG_20220227_005044.jpg

Watch out for those Silvers. They sneak up on you. First you have 1 or 2, then you have 22 before you know it. They are a flipper’s dream, though. Lots of affordable parts are available and a consistent group of buyers make them my #1 in terms of volume for resale grills.

Last edited:
Roy, Your Weberitis is on full swing. And with access to that perfect grill fetching van, there’s no telling how many grills you will have by this summer. I am glad you are having fun! Keep us posted on what you do with your latest haul😎.

I guess I didn’t look at it carefully. Free is still free, though but maybe not worth a long drive.
Yes, my yard is now filling up with grills and I don't like it. I'm going to need to get these given away or sold. My wife was lovely about it this morning. Once again, very sweet and non-plussed, but I don't like our place starting to look like a junkyard.

Back