I will just leave this here

Vermont Castings are okay. They are not good candidates for restoration in my opinion. All porcelain enamel iron. They are very heavy. Same company makes wood stoves.

I would pass on that one.
I'd pass on their wood stoves too. Talk about a company that isn't what it once was. They still make beautiful wood stoves but they're known for being problematic.

Fire Magic makes some very high end impressive looking grills. Their newer ones feature stainless grates with a FLAT top to make sharper grill marks. I have seen an occasional used one for sale in Florida (figures), but none near me here.

Fire Magic.jpg

Occasionally I see higher end grills here as well:
3 burner DCS grill for $40. I think these sell for around $3K new.

Napoleon or in this case Naplean grill for $50:

Attachments

• DCS.JPG
    DCS.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 3
Both those deals look excellent. The Grillgrates on the napoleon cost twice as much as they are asking for the grill and it has an IR burner! The stainless on the DCS is worth the asking price. If they were by me I would be in the van;-)

+1 on the GGs! They sure look well seasoned! For that matter, all of the grates look well-used...I wonder why he went back to charcoal.

Both those deals look excellent. The Grillgrates on the napoleon cost twice as much as they are asking for the grill and it has an IR burner! The stainless on the DCS is worth the asking price. If they were by me I would be in the van;-)
The problem is that I don't need them personally and they will be hard to flip if they don't sell at these prices offered right now. I also had a hard time selling my refurbished Weber grills. Ads were out there for weeks. This is the reason I stopped restoring and flipping grills.

I find this to be a way to get stuff to try. I would get the Napoleon, clean it up have some fun with it and the Grill Grates and just sell the grill, keep the grates, sell the grates (they ship easy and are light), keep the grill or what ever. I keep looking and wanting to try the grates but can't get myself to spend the $$. That is how I got the rotisserie for the performer. I bought the grill with rotisserie, sold the grill, kept the rotisserie. Free rotisserie.

I find this to be a way to get stuff to try. I would get the Napoleon, clean it up have some fun with it and the Grill Grates and just sell the grill, keep the grates, sell the grates (they ship easy and are light), keep the grill or what ever. I keep looking and wanting to try the grates but can't get myself to spend the $$. That is how I got the rotisserie for the performer. I bought the grill with rotisserie, sold the grill, kept the rotisserie. Free rotisserie.
I don't want to provoke another fight about the GGs so I'll just say they have a lot going for them. Joe, I really hope, with your inquisitive and analytical nature, that you have the opportunity to try them some day. I've had mine for a couple of years now and I'm still discovering new techniques with them.

I don't want to provoke another fight about the GGs so I'll just say they have a lot going for them. Joe, I really hope, with your inquisitive and analytical nature, that you have the opportunity to try them some day. I've had mine for a couple of years now and I'm still discovering new techniques with them.
Yah me neither. But as you know I do like to try things, and I would like to see which camp I land in. Tell you you what...If you buy the Napoleon. I will give you $50 to send me the grates and you get the grill for free;-)

I have tried a couple of panels in my kettle and wasn't impressed. It wasn't as much of a game-changer as it is in a gasser where it replaces the grate, not sitting on top of them, so I hope you can hold off until you can find a set that meets those conditions. With a gasser you also have much better control of the heat, and it doesn't take much to get these things scorching hot.

Why do I feel like I'm walking on eggs here?

I have tried a couple of panels in my kettle and wasn't impressed. It wasn't as much of a game-changer as it is in a gasser where it replaces the grate, not sitting on top of them, so I hope you can hold off until you can find a set that meets those conditions. With a gasser you also have much better control of the heat, and it doesn't take much to get these things scorching hot.

Why do I feel like I'm walking on eggs here?
I think these would fit nicely on my P500.

There's a GG Fans facebook group (not connected with the GG company):

I just bought 3 more 2" panels after figuring out that in the areas that interlock, there are no holes and that area is ideal for wood pellets (otherwise the wood pellets fall through the holes and make a mess out of the grill). So I will have 3 griddle panels and 1 rail panel composed of 3 (or 4...we'll see) partial panels with troughs for wood pellets. I don't know if I can get away with posting a picture...I'm trying to do this on the downlow to avoid sparking another raging battle.

I am with you that your method can be an inexpensive way to get special things to try out👍.

Back