I will just leave this here

Its been a while since I've driven a Miata, but I think if the frame is dismantled, it and the grates and burners and wood racks and control panel will fit in the trunk.

Spoon the cookbox into the hood in towels and blankets and it will fit in the front seat.

It makes me sad to think that someone feels that to get rid of it they have to give away such a nice, genuine classic Weber😟. I would like to believe there are people who would pay a good price for one of those - assuming it is fully clean and functioning.

It makes me sad to think that someone feels that to get rid of it they have to give away such a nice, genuine classic Weber😟. I would like to believe there are people who would pay a good price for one of those - assuming it is fully clean and functioning.
I think some just want it to not get taken to the dump, no longer need it and don't need the money.

You're right, and whoever owns/owned it obviously tried to keep it nice. It makes you wonder what the story is on it.

That would make me nervous too. If you can't get the bolt out that holds the firebox in, you're dead in the water. They can be a little tricky sometimes.
Just twist that bolt off if it is stuck. A wrench and pair of locking pliers is all you need. I have to do it all the time on rehab grills. However, you will probably have to drill or punch it out of the cook box once you get it home.
Only one bolt on the left side holds the box to the frame.

Thanks guys. Received a message this morning. Unfortunately, it's gone. Some of 'em get away. But no worries. As I used to say of women when I was young and single, they're like buses; another comes along every 15 minutes.

Back