I will just leave this here

Thanks guys. Received a message this morning. Unfortunately, it's gone. Some of 'em get away. But no worries. As I used to say of women when I was young and single, they're like buses; another comes along every 15 minutes.
Like Mick Jagger,”Girls come and go, they’re like streetcars”. Lol

You're right, and whoever owns/owned it obviously tried to keep it nice. It makes you wonder what the story is on it.
Emailed the owner to find out. She wrote back:

Thanks for emailing me. I really need a grill with side burner to cook outside for all my grandkids in summer . So no need and place to keep it . A little surprise that there were a lot of interests and happy someone can use it . Have a good day.
Very sweet of her to give away such a nice grill. Guess sometimes it really is about the side burner.

Yes, very sweet! And very fair considering how nice it is. On the other hand, if you could find his wife, she'd probably give you the $500. 😁
Did I get liked by a Caroline? We have females on these boards? Who knew! This is probably the last place my wife would hang out, though she thinks it's really cool that I do. Today, upon receiving a box from Samuel, she remarked that it's like the razor community. She's referring to the generosity. I'll tell you, there, guys I didn't know any better than I know the folks here would send me thousands of dollars of razor equipment to try out with nothing more than a promise to send it back well insured. Of course I always did but it blew my mind that people were so kind and trusting. This seems to be what happens when you get a bunch of guys together. Just a real nice camaraderie combined with generosity.

Unfortunately, the guy just contacted me to say someone else has picked it up. That's unfortunate, as he said I was the first one who contacted him. He probably just wanted it gone so gave it to someone who could pick it up quickly. For me, it was a long drive plus a ferry ride. But I would have been happy to do it.

I have had that happen to me as well Roy. Don't worry. There will be more
Yeah, me too. Some folks are scrupulous about going in order of who showed interest. That's what I do when I'm giving something away. But not everyone has that particular value. I'm not saying he was wrong to do otherwise. Just that it's a bit disappointing.

And, as you were saying, just spotted another. Guy is asking $75 but he's a lot closer and there's no ferry ride. Plus it comes with a tank. Just wrote and offered $50.

And, as you were saying, just spotted another. Guy is asking $75 but he's a lot closer and there's no ferry ride. Plus it comes with a tank. Just wrote and offered $50.

Roy, you are clearly showing stage one weberitis symptoms, yet your symptoms seem to be isolated to gas grills.

be cautious of the kettle variant.

1645387432059.png

Back