I will just leave this here

Genesis 2 smoker box.

This was from my November rescue. Just tearing into it.

I presume this was optional?

I'm going to add it to my rotisserie silver 1000B

20220220_141237.jpg
20220220_141229.jpg

Cleaning up and thought I'd share some control panels all from 13 bar genesis grills.

Who can spot all the differences?

Bonus points if you can guess the years.

20220220_151116.jpg

Last edited:
Here looks like one from the history books. This is posted on the FB Weber BBQ addicts group. I could not find any info on it.

1645402096972.png1645402202792.png

GrillRotoPin.JPG

Kind of a miscellaneous question, so Bruce I hope you don't mind if I pop it into this thread. Does anybody have any good stainless steel options for the rotisserie bracket fasteners and the hinge pins? I'd love to get as much rust off of this grill as I can. Oh look there's my marble pizza slab in the back! Back to the question though, I bet I could use the same stainless fasteners as for the end caps on the roto bracket, but does anybody know of a good stainless hood pin?

I know there have been sources posted for the stainless hood pins. I think Menards sells them.
I don't think you need to get an exact match for the roto bracket bolts. Just get some Stainless steel ones the same size and length with corresponding SS bolts. A simple pan head or regular hex head bolt should work fine.
Places like Fastenal should have everything you need.

Here they are at Home Depot: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-1-4-in-x-1-2-in-Stainless-Steel-Clevis-Pin-836518/204867316

Last edited:
I just used regular 304 SS bolts, lock washers and wing nuts on mine. I remove it when not in use so it is not in the way when using the side shelf and doesn’t interfere with the cover. Really takes seconds to install and can be stored with your motor. I also switch it to other grills as needed as well. EB61B6DE-1CB7-49F8-81B2-AE87BA707E57.jpeg

The smoker box is as good as any other that you can use on a gas grill. It’s a GAS GRILL, not a smoker. It does provide some smoke, works ok for low temp smoking for cheese or fish. “Steam n’ Chips”? Seriously you actually soak your smoking wood?

I know there have been sources posted for the stainless hood pins. I think Menards sells them.
I don't think you need to get an exact match for the roto bracket bolts. Just get some Stainless steel ones the same size and length with corresponding SS bolts. A simple pan head or regular hex head bolt should work fine.
Places like Fastenal should have everything you need.

Here they are at Home Depot: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-1-4-in-x-1-2-in-Stainless-Steel-Clevis-Pin-836518/204867316
Thanks Bruce.

Do you use anti sieze on these?

Cleaning up and thought I'd share some control panels all from 13 bar genesis grills.

Who can spot all the differences?

Bonus points if you can guess the years.

View attachment 45801
The one on the far right looks to to be from a 1998 grill. I think I can barely see the info sticker on the side of it. I know the first two are older, late 80's to early 90's I think. I will admit the first two look pretty much the same to me.

The one on the far right looks to to be from a 1998 grill. I think I can barely see the info sticker on the side of it. I know the first two are older, late 80's to early 90's I think. I will admit the first two look pretty much the same to me.
Right one is a 98.

Ok, the one on the far left looks like it has the white pinstripe around the hole for the igniter button. Does it use a different igniter button as well? I'm also going to say the panel on the far left is the oldest version of the three.
If you or someone can ID the differences between the left and the center, I'll tell you the years that I believe they are.

Ok, the one on the far left looks like it has the white pinstripe around the hole for the igniter button. Does it use a different igniter button as well? I'm also going to say the panel on the far left is the oldest version of the three.
Bingo. The far left is the oldest, and it does not use the bezel for the igniter. The control panel has a metal support that hangs down for the igniter button, and pivots on a pin held in place with a cotter pin.

20220221_121747.jpg
20220221_122027.jpg

Last edited:

Back