I will just leave this here

Go get it.
Thanks for the encouragement, Dan. That's what you said when I posted the Platinum and it was a good move. The owner emailed me back to say it may be spoken for. If not, I'll drive down this weekend. Now if I can figure out how to get it into a Miata, could save myself a whole bunch of gas pushing a 10mpg pickup down the highway.

That's a pretty nice grill for free, and it's owner already refinished the wood for you. I thought you had a pickup truck? Go get that grill!
It's a long drive so I'm hoping to figure out a way to dismantle so I can take my sports car. If I could get the box off the frame and take the frame apart, would be easy. That's the only part of the disassembly that makes me nervous. Would suck to get there and not be able to haul it away.

It's a long drive so I'm hoping to figure out a way to dismantle so I can take my sports car. If I could get the box off the frame and take the frame apart, would be easy. That's the only part of the disassembly that makes me nervous. Would suck to get there and not be able to haul it away.
That would make me nervous too. If you can't get the bolt out that holds the firebox in, you're dead in the water. They can be a little tricky sometimes.

That would make me nervous too. If you can't get the bolt out that holds the firebox in, you're dead in the water. They can be a little tricky sometimes.
Worst case, could I just torque it hard enough to break the bolt and then worry about getting out later? And is disassembling the frame pretty straight forward?

Here's where a video would be super helpful.

Worst case, could I just torque it hard enough to break the bolt and then worry about getting out later? And is disassembling the frame pretty straight forward?

Here's where a video would be super helpful.
The frame is really easy to take apart, no video necessary.

Back