I will just leave this here

The burgundy platinum would have to sit out all winter if I grabbed it. It would probably be OK, since we only got about 3 inches of rain last winter. I need to get rid of at least two others to make room, and right now people are having a hard time giving away grills.

Looks like it is a 15 minute drive to pickup...

If nothing else, I would grab it for the lid......Not like I need one, but that is pretty unique. If the rest is in rough shape, you could part it out.
But, hey, I get the caution. I should be the last one to encourage people to grab a grill they really don't need.

The burgundy platinum would have to sit out all winter if I grabbed it. It would probably be OK, since we only got about 3 inches of rain last winter. I need to get rid of at least two others to make room, and right now people are having a hard time giving away grills.

Looks like it is a 15 minute drive to pickup...
Dan, that's hilarious that you're worried about leaving that grill outside where you live. I'll send you a picture of my grill out on the patio this winter with a foot of snow on it😃

Are you sure you have the right set of burners? Where did you buy them? What model are they?

Exactly how long are each of the two cross over tubes?

• DIMENSIONS: Includes all three burners and the cross over tube. Front and rear burners measure 29 1/8" long and center burner is 28 7/8". The crossover burner is 13 1/2" long; Material: Stainless Steel
  • Fits Weber models Genesis 1000 to 5500, Genesis Gold and Platinum (pre-2002) and Platinum I and II;
^ is the description, however the new crossover burner is only 12 13/16" long.
edit: and the older one in the picture is 13 1/2"

The main burners are the correct length.

... free shipping and free returns...

20211005_191054.jpg

Last edited:
No, the middle burner is actually a little shorter.

The cross over TUBE should be 13.5".

OK< I just saw the photo of the measurements. It is the wrong tube. It should have a bracket on it that the middle burner tube fits in. Does it even have that? But regardless, it should be 13.5".

Untitled.png

Back