I will just leave this here

I'm trying to convince myself I "need" the deep cook box. I may have to pick one up and cook on it to make that decision.
There probably isn't that much difference in the way they cook. I think you will appreciate that the grill just seems more solid than the silvers, in my opinion anyway

Actually from my recall those were VERY nicely built grills. All 304SS and performed very well. At issue now is Weber dumped the name and the product support like a dirty diaper. So you have to scrounge for any repair/maintenance parts

I think Weber bought the brand to use as a test bed for producing lower cost grills. They could do whatever they wanted with the design of the grills to cut costs or change design parameters and see how it worked out all while insulating the Weber brand from any negative blow back.

It's funny how quickly Weberitis propagates. My first grill was a rescue from the curb and I quickly found and collected my second grill six days later. I'm now on grill #14. In looking at past hobbies and other things I have been into through my adult years, nothing overtook my time as quickly as my desire to repair Weber grills.

Funny side note: When I found that first (Spirit 310) grill by the curb, there was another just like the one in the picture below. But I figured that the Spirit 310 was the better of the two and left that Silver C behind. It also pained me that the garbage included empty boxes of Char-Broil. The family had purchased a new Char-Broil instead of fixing their Webers (n). Who goes from a Mercedes to a Ford Pinto?

pxl_20210918_222624052-jpg.37525

Back