I will just leave this here

Yeah, this set was $5 cheaper than the next cheapest. I think they put a crossover from a silver B in the box instead of the crossover for the 1000.

I'm tempted to re-order the same brand in case it was a fluke mistake, But if they had a box of the wrong crossovers that they were wrapping up, there's a chance the next one will also be too short.

I might just order two sets...

This pic is for Ed. I know he hated to see the pretty blue lid on this mongrel.

Here is my almost ready to test cook, Genesis Silver B-Thousand.20211005_193540.jpg

Last edited:
Grand Turbo in Gladewater TX - Great deal IMHO.
235698500_3885479828225093_4088544792917312339_n.jpg

We should create a sticky post with all the Weber gas grills through the years. A catalog to help identify our findings.

Is there such a post already? When a serial number is not visible, what do you use to help you identify?

We should create a sticky post with all the Weber gas grills through the years. A catalog to help identify our findings.

Is there such a post already? When a serial number is not visible, what do you use to help you identify?

here is a start. It is linked in the sticky thread at the top of this forum.

This pic is for Ed. I know he hated to see the pretty blue lid on this mongrel.

Here is my almost ready to test cook, Genesis Silver B-Thousand.View attachment 38524
Thanks for your consideration! :LOL:

Outwardly, this looks like an early Silver, especially with this lid and handle! Only the very sharpest of sharp eyes would ever notice it's a 13-bar without being told. You need an early handle on your 1000B!

A Spotter's Guide, like birder's use when bird watching? Sorry, but I have to laugh at the mental image I just conjured up of @Bruce and @Jon Tofte (sorry, guys!) in shorts and pith helmets watching wth binoculars while a neighbor wheels a grill to the curb! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I'd be right there, taking notes..."Ooooooh, looky, it's got the early wheels!"

But all kidding aside, I'm of 2 minds on this. It would be handy, I guess, but you can't learn to ride a unicycle from reading a book. You learn as you go and it's more fun that way, I think.

A Spotter's Guide, like birder's use when bird watching? Sorry, but I have to laugh at the mental image I just conjured up of @Bruce and @Jon Tofte (sorry, guys!) in shorts and pith helmets watching wth binoculars while a neighbor wheels a grill to the curb! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I'd be right there, taking notes..."Ooooooh, looky, it's got the early wheels!"

But all kidding aside, I'm of 2 minds on this. It would be handy, I guess, but you can't learn to ride a unicycle from reading a book. You learn as you go and it's more fun that way, I think.
That is funny! Really though, with the internet it's not that hard to identify a grill.

Back