I will just leave this here

Tempting, but I have enough rabbit hole projects already.

18" Platinums are fairly rare, and blues especially. Looks good, but seems
to be missing the entire ash catcher assembly. That is concerning. No inside
pics, but will likely need new sweeps, and grates.

That's a very good assessment. It would still be tempting because of the double rarity of it. As if I needed another kettle grill...

So I finally found my unicorn, and am picking up this morning:

weber fireplace 1.png weber fireplace 2.png

Confirmed that it's missing the heat shield on the bottom. Do you know if the WSM heat shield would work on this? Weber 63017 18.5"& 22.5" SMC Heat Shield '09

Also planning on getting a bottom charcoal grate for it as well.

**EDIT: Looks like this model doesn't need a heat shield. The first picture looks like there is a hole in it, but it was just water from when they power washed it.

In decent condition, will just have to swap out all the nuts and bolts to non-rusted SS and clean up the wood handles.

Last edited:
My neighbor just bought the Costco Weber Genesis II S-345 deal and wants to find a good home for his old Genesis 1000. I haven't laid eyes on it in-person yet, only seen this photo. It's got the green lid with Durawood work surfaces on the left and the storage shelf below. He says it still works well, I'll check it out once he gets it over to my place. I'll be trying to help him find a good home for it, might make a good project grill for someone.

If you're in the SF Bay Area and interested, let me know.

IMG_0862.jpg

Just curious, Chris...I see the quick coupling on the propane tank...is your neighbor the original owner? Not that it matters, but if he is, he sure got his money's worth, 20+ years of service.

I left out some of the provenance. He's the original owner of the Genesis 1000 grill, passed it along to his son-in-law when he bought a Genesis E-310, and is now passing the Genesis E-310 to the son-in-law and bringing the Genesis 1000 back to me.

Wrote a novel for the description, but only posts one picture

This is hysterical. I clicked the link, without reading your comment. When I finished reading
the ad, I immediately though WOW, dude wrote a book, but could only bother to take one pic. LOLOL!!
Great minds think alike I guess.

Back