I will just leave this here

As I recall yes but IIRC they were a single H style burner they hadn't come out with the bow tie burner yet

Purchased my first Weber gas grill and rehab project (not really much to rehab).

I missed out on a Genesis Silver C earlier but then I scored this bad boy. Still fires up and is in perfect working condition. Just needs a cleaning/touch-up and maybe new internals. Looked up serial # and it's a 2005 Genesis Gold B. I'm so glad I didn't drop $950 on a new LX E-240 as I was originally planning.

1xlUshAh.jpg

m3xzk5Hm.jpg

x6ixvxXh.jpg

Pv1wMHMh.jpg

D7oV71mm.jpg

5DzcFYym.jpg

Last edited:
David, you made a good choice going for the older Genesis rather than a new expensive one. That grill is in pretty decent shape, but there is a lot you can do to really get it looking and working great. If you need and advice and pointers, this forum is the place for you.
Good luck and enjoy your new to you grill.

Awesome. And it looks it be in great shape. Even the cabinet floor pan does not seem to be rusted which is a weak spot on these. Check the cross bar left of the firebox if it has some rust on side towards the firebox. There is a center screw that holds the firebox in place. I have a similar Gold C which i built out of two grills. I love mine. Great workhorse. Spare parts are plenty available.

Too bad that grill didn't come with the black knobs. At least it has the black frame end caps.

Too bad that grill didn't come with the black knobs. At least it has the black frame end caps.

Bruce I have never seen a Gold B/C with black knobs. I think these knobs were limited to some specific Dealers

Last edited:
OK, that could be. I had a Silver C that had them. I think it was a 2005 as well. I thought maybe Weber used black on most of their grills that year.

Hey I am with everyone else. That looks like a really nice Gold. Look forward to you bringing it to it’s full potential.

Larry,
I loved your description of that Summit. I sure hope Weber learns some lessons from making those fiasco last generation Summits. Redirect the money spent on gizmos and excess weight and instead make a simpler, rust resistant grill with quality to match the Summit price tag.

I agree with you Jon. It is shameful to sell a grill with a 4 figure price tag when it might crumbles away after a few years. As it looks like Weber has now extended the warranty on the "other parts" to ten years as well.

I agree with you Jon. It is shameful to sell a grill with a 4 figure price tag when it might crumbles away after a few years. As it looks like Weber has now extended the warranty on the "other parts" to ten years as well.

It's nice to have a 10 year warranty, as long as they keep it alive and don't tell people that we no longer support that grill after 4 or 5 years like they have done in the past. I'll keep my three 20 year old well built genesis thank you very much. They should be good for another 20 years.

I agree Rich, and you can easily source all the parts you need to fix them if you need to without dealing with Weber.

Well this is what pi$$es me off about Weber and to a certain extent people who defend them to an inch of their life. They condemn companies like CharBroil, NexGrill, and so on for making "Chinese rust buckets that start rotting away in a few years but all I see is the same lately coming from Weber only they charge as arm and a leg for the privilege of owning said rust bucket but try to appease with a 10 year warranty (which I am sure like the 25 year one I had on my Summit 450) they have no intention of backing anyway. At least if you buy a $200 CB and you throw it out at 5 years you don't feel nearly as bad as scrapping out an $1800 Summit because it turned to dust.
Well I gotta make dinner so getting off my soap box now...................l8r g8rs

Back