I should be a new WSM owner

Scott Wolff

I know this site is supported by Amazon. I clicked and ordered. Well guess what? Amazon sent the wrong Item. I could ask for a replacement and guarantee that they would get the wrong thing back. I have to wait till they get their Item back before they ship is BS. I have to wait till the 14th to get my grill because they screw up is just wrong. NOT HAPPY AT ALL. I hope the the powers that be will let them know they are losing market to other on line and big box. I would have picked it up locally if not to support this site.
It is just wrong to pay for incompetence.

Can't you buy a second one and request a full refund for the one you're sending back?

Was Amazon the seller, or a third party seller?
Wrong item, such as a ceiling fan or??
Many years buying from Amazon and never a problem, sorry that you had one.
They currently show the 18 and 22 as being in stock.

I was going to smoke a salmon this weekend but tough to do on a Glass Desk. I bought it direct from Amazon and they sent the same UPS 75 pound girl to pick it up. I helped her load it in the truck. New one comes in before the 14th. But was really wanting to use it this week end.

I know this site is supported by Amazon. I clicked and ordered. Well guess what? Amazon sent the wrong Item. I could ask for a replacement and guarantee that they would get the wrong thing back. I have to wait till they get their Item back before they ship is BS. I have to wait till the 14th to get my grill because they screw up is just wrong. NOT HAPPY AT ALL. I hope the the powers that be will let them know they are losing market to other on line and big box. I would have picked it up locally if not to support this site.

Well, I have had nothing but perfect service from amazon. Whether on an original order or on something that wasn't received but resolved to my 100% satisfaction. I've got nothing but positive things to say about their service. Can't say that about a lot of the stores that I deal with in person. I always can talk to someone pretty quick on the phone whereas in person, unless that salesperson is on commission (and you can't get rid of them), you're lucky to find a salesperson within 100' of where you are.

Not sending you a replacement without getting the original item back? Maybe they've had to deal with a lot of scammers in the past, saying something is wrong, broken whatever.

Got the wrong item? Well, gee whiz. Get over it. People make mistakes. Contact customer service. They'll fix it.

That seems a little harsh Len.
I can fully understand having your mind, and stomach, set for smoked salmon, then having to wait until mid month.

Scott, please post your cook results once the smoker arrives.

I agree with Bob, a little harsh Len. Mistakes do happen but I would be frustrated as well. We ordered a card table recently from amazon and it arrived extremely damaged. They required we ship it back as well and once they got it they shipped another. We had to wait but they made it right. Scott it will be worth the wait!

I ordered my 22.5" WSM off Amazon and it arrived with scratches on the lid. I spoke to a very helpful customer service rep who refunded me $80 for the inconvenience because I opted not to exchange for a full replacement. It definitely helps to express disappointment rather than anger or indignation.

I've never had anything but good experiences with Amazon. I got both my Performer (2006) and two WSMs (2005 and 2011) from them. I love them all. I'm also a Prime member, and I buy hundreds of items from them every year. With the exception of Home Cheapo and Lowe's, haven't been to the shopping center/mall in at at least a decade. :)

Something is not right here. Amazon doesn't operate like that. I would get hold of them and ask them how to get what you want in the quickest timeframe. When I didn't get something, they sent me out a new one and told me to return the original one if it ever came. Admittedly, this was a lot less expensive of an item, but I've had other interactions with them and never a problem. Get hold of them and calmly explain that you want a WSM shipped out right away while you handle the other issue.

As for proving you got the wrong item, there are a few ways I can think. The tracking number should be on the box. Can you take a picture of the box including the shipping label to show that there is a miss match? Also, check the shipping weight. If the item you received is shown on the shipper to weigh significantly different than the WSM, that will tell a lot.

One thing that you did not say and may not be the case is that you are concerned that they will want to double charge your credit card until you get this resolved. From their point of view, this seems perfectly reasonable. From your point of view, this could be an irritant to a non-option depending on your financial situation. If that is your concern, I still think if you can prove through pictures or the weight as described above, it will go a long way to getting them to wave this policy and take care of you. I could however, see them waiting at least until you provide a tracking number.

What did they send you instead of the WSM?

I prefer buying items like this in the stores so I can negotiate a discount (if one is available).

I did buy a reel mower from Amazon one time.

Well, Amazon got the one back quick. They did not need to receive the material back only picked up by UPS. So it shipped the day after they picked it up but did not have it on the weekend. I put it together and smoked the Best smelling and tasting Smoked Salmon that I have ever had. So easy to cook, and the temp just stayed at 210.. AWESOME. Why did I wait and BBQ on my kettle so long.

They paid for the shipping but the Glass Desk they sent was about a hundred pounds vs the 57 of the Smoker. One would thing weight would through and alarm but it had the pick sheet and I guess they just scan the pick sheet. Also don't understand why they waited on shipment when I had to guarantee that I would send it back or be charged twice for the grill, which is weird as the desk is on $149.

Back