I saw Weber came out with a griddle. Anyone planning on purchasing?

Saw one at ACE while I was buying new burners for my gasser today. I had saw that guys review beforehand so I was a little biased looking at it. It looks like they took the side trays from a silver models, shrunk and slapped them on this thing. Other than that I don't know what he was seeing that I didn't - but then again I don't use one of these things. For $500 and having a cart I think it is priced right and its not as gargantuan like the others.

Ordered one last week, hoping to get it delivered early next. Ducking wife complaints about another piece of cooking equipment, but I've never been happy with the plancha type options I use on my kettle or WSK.

Ordered one last week, hoping to get it delivered early next. Ducking wife complaints about another piece of cooking equipment, but I've never been happy with the plancha type options I use on my kettle or WSK.
I almost ordered one for my WSK, but knew it would never satisfy me because of lack of space and how awkward it would be to not let food go through the holes and heat control looks very difficult.

My Weber Griddle is supposed to be in on Monday.

I almost ordered one for my WSK, but knew it would never satisfy me because of lack of space and how awkward it would be to not let food go through the holes and heat control looks very difficult.

My Weber Griddle is supposed to be in on Monday.
Exactly. I had an alternate version for my kettle from SnS that solved the space/losing food, with really uneven heating. It just wound up being a compromise either way. I had resisted getting a Blackstone or CampChef, but a new Weber product coming out right after I had a "why is this such a pain" moment on my WSK plancha was just too hard to resist.

Just got it put together and am seasoning it as we speak. Really easy to put together and it feels real solid. Will probably cook on it real soon and post my results. Happy so far.

Attachments

• 96BB7D9B-3D6B-4A97-B726-3EFDD13D64A8.jpeg
    96BB7D9B-3D6B-4A97-B726-3EFDD13D64A8.jpeg
    147.3 KB · Views: 22
  • 65155294-F3F0-4BF1-B680-31A082F03633.jpeg
    65155294-F3F0-4BF1-B680-31A082F03633.jpeg
    143.3 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
That reminds me of a Silver B cart. Maybe Weber can make an "inexpensive" Spirit III on that chassis. Would be almost like a resurrected B.

Did breakfast for dinner last night and was pleased with the results. I can see I will be using this thing a lot. This is my first griddle so can’t say how it stacks up against the competition, but I’m really happy so far.

C3553374-78E7-451B-8A9D-1937C31ECB51.jpeg

62A6DC86-CAFF-457F-B2AE-462DE517D8C3.jpeg

Attachments

• 09ACBB20-872C-4E0F-9C68-42F347116A24.jpeg
    09ACBB20-872C-4E0F-9C68-42F347116A24.jpeg
    123.5 KB · Views: 6
  • C053AA5B-F7FC-44ED-90E2-AD6DABB9EF54.jpeg
    C053AA5B-F7FC-44ED-90E2-AD6DABB9EF54.jpeg
    161.7 KB · Views: 6
Is there 2 models? I see 3 burners but I thought the one I saw on YouTube was 4 burners. IDK, I get CRS disease sometimes :D (can't remember s&*t)

It's amazing how much crap people really think they need. When a Thick Quality cast iron pan does exactly the same thing even maybe better. :rolleyes:

It's amazing how much crap people really think they need. When a Thick Quality cast iron pan does exactly the same thing even maybe better. :rolleyes:
A griddle is a nice thing. Something like the weber griddle or the one we've been discussing from Sam's, Blackstone et al are nice tools to have in the arsenal. Personally I have a lot of CI pans but a griddle would be a nice tool for me

I agree. Most people can make a regular gas grill do a whole lot of things very well. But, if you got the money and the desire, why not specialize. I don't have a problem with how other people spend their own money.

I know what you are saying, but like hunters and their guns or golfers and their clubs/accessories, people really into grilling do enjoy all the possibilities. I have more grill stuff than average, but not the biggest collection. Once I was in an amateur BBQ competition and a friend of mine who was also an entrant said to me, "Well, if you don't win it won't be because of a lack of grilling contraptions!"

It's also about having more real estate to cook on.
I have the lodge grill/griddle and a half griddle for my Q2200 and a half moon griddle for my OTG.
My Wife wanted the MM griddle just to have the extra room

It's also about having more real estate to cook on.
I have the lodge grill/griddle and a half griddle for my Q2200 and a half moon griddle for my OTG.
My Wife wanted the MM griddle just to have the extra room
Yep, I thought about buying the Hunsaker for my Summit Kamado, but figured I have the room and money for a stand alone griddle and figured the Hunsaker would be awkward to use because of lack of space and awful for heat control and I would eventually want a stand alone so here we are. So glad Weber decided to come out with a griddle and that is what put me over the edge.

Back