I may have to get a Packers Jersey.....

Rolf Jacobsen

TVWBB Emerald Member
Decided to do some baby backs so got the WSM ready. Wicked Good lump with apple, (imported from Wisconsin/Mr. Lampe), and hickory.
Ribs%20sept%202013%20003-L.jpg

Someone is ready……..
Ribs%20sept%202013%20004-L.jpg

Started out with the usual Kyle Style rub and added some Penzey’s Berbere for interest.
Ribs%20sept%202013%20011-L.jpg

Smoker at about 230F. Three hours in I hit them with apple juice. That power cord you see to the right belonged to an ATC that is now in the trash. Some things aren't worth the trouble. Nuff said....
Ribs%20sept%202013%20013-L.jpg

Pulled at just under five hours. I don’t foil my ribs but did give one rack a good helping of Saz’s, BBQ Partner of the Green Bay Packers, (Thanks Mr. Lampe), the last 15 minutes.
Ribs%20sept%202013%20014-L.jpg

So there you have it. Ribs cooked in Pennsylvania with a decidedly Wisconsin influence. They were great! As always…. thanks for looking.

Decided to do some baby backs so got the WSM ready. Wicked Good lump with apple, (imported from Wisconsin/Mr. Lampe), and hickory.
Ribs%20sept%202013%20003-L.jpg

Someone is ready……..
Ribs%20sept%202013%20004-L.jpg

Started out with the usual Kyle Style rub and added some Penzey’s Berbere for interest.
Ribs%20sept%202013%20011-L.jpg

Smoker at about 230F. Three hours in I hit them with apple juice. That power cord you see to the right belonged to an ATC that is now in the trash. Some things aren't worth the trouble. Nuff said....
Ribs%20sept%202013%20013-L.jpg

Pulled at just under five hours. I don’t foil my ribs but did give one rack a good helping of Saz’s, BBQ Partner of the Green Bay Packers, (Thanks Mr. Lampe), the last 15 minutes.
Ribs%20sept%202013%20014-L.jpg

So there you have it. Ribs cooked in Pennsylvania with a decidedly Wisconsin influence. They were great! As always…. thanks for looking.

We have a saying from where I am from. Friends don't let friends become Packer fans. Its allowable to let them become Badger fans. I wore green and white (Michigan State) but my blood is definitely blue and orange.

I don't care which state it's from, them there are some Good Eats, well done my friend I will be over for left overs. There are some right?

Great lookin' ribs, Rolf! The only thing I'm beggin' for (other than to actually eat one ;)) is a pic of one of those racks cut up.

Rolf, come on Buddy looks like he needs a bone or at least a treat or two. ribs look fantastic I'll take a half a rack. Nice cook & presentation.

Yea, send half o' slab this way while your hands are dirty. Looks great as usual. Rolf, did your probe temps run close together? Just curious.

Yea, send half o' slab this way while your hands are dirty. Looks great as usual. Rolf, did your probe temps run close together? Just curious.

Neil they weren’t even close. Without getting into specifics, the ATC I purchased was a cheaper one. I bought it with the idea I could do over night smokes and not worry about it. I’ve had it over a year now and have had very disappointing results. Two probes and many hours of frustration, I’ve been trying it on shorter cooks. This last cook was the deal breaker. I was holding at 230F and even when I bumped the ATC up to 350F, it said I was at temp so no fan. I swear by my Maverick and the dome temp is actually close to it once everything settles down. I’ll be saving up for a while but hope to eventually get something I can rely on for overnight smokes.

Neil they weren’t even close. Without getting into specifics, the ATC I purchased was a cheaper one. I bought it with the idea I could do over night smokes and not worry about it. I’ve had it over a year now and have had very disappointing results. Two probes and many hours of frustration, I’ve been trying it on shorter cooks. This last cook was the deal breaker. I was holding at 230F and even when I bumped the ATC up to 350F, it said I was at temp so no fan. I swear by my Maverick and the dome temp is actually close to it once everything settles down. I’ll be saving up for a while but hope to eventually get something I can rely on for overnight smokes.
*sending you a PM*

Great Lookin' Ribs Rolf!
Not everyone is qualified to be a Packer Fan...
That large gathering 90 miles south of Milwaukee holds the questionable and / or undeserving... ;)

Great looking ribs... but I wouldn't go so far as to become a Packer Fan. LOL

BTW... I gotta hear the story behind this statement "ATC that is now in the trash".

Rolf, those look so tasty - perfectly done - Now with that, I'd never consider myself much of fashion coordinator, however in this particular rare moment, I'd imagine you could have pulled this off even *without* a Packers jersey :)

Back