Huge load of KBB spotted at Lowe’s

And even their Ridge (aka Royal Oak) charcoal isn't on sale. I thought for sure it would be. What's more surprising is that the Miracle Grow garden soil, etc is also not on sale, and they've ALWAYS had that on sale over Memorial Day Weekend.

Maybe they'll announce their real sale tomorrow, but I'm not holding my breath..

And even their Ridge (aka Royal Oak) charcoal isn't on sale. I thought for sure it would be. What's more surprising is that the Miracle Grow garden soil, etc is also not on sale, and they've ALWAYS had that on sale over Memorial Day Weekend.

Maybe they'll announce their real sale tomorrow, but I'm not holding my breath..
Ain't no way I'd be going out on a Friday to hit sales. I'd rather pay a bit more than stand in lines. But that's just me.

Thursday was my supply run day. Tomorrow, I hit the butcher early, then I fire up the rig for the first burn of 4 straight days of goodness. My guess is lines are gonna be crazy.

My smallish local grocery store, Save-a-Lot, had twin 18 lb. KBB today for $19.98.
If I needed some, the price difference would be a non factor compared to going to a crowded big box store.

I think I’m just gonna buy more of the B&B lump from Ace Hardware that’s on sale right now ($11.99 for a 20lb bag). More expensive than the KBB but damn I love that stuff

My local family owned grocery store has KBB 18lb bags on sale for $6.99 each. That's not *too* bad. I may go buy 4-5 bags and give a local business some money.

I don't think the retailers are just screwing us over by not offering the same sale this year as before. I mean, we ARE kind of going through something unprecedented this year that has had a dramatic affect on supply chain and logistics. And, we all need to be prepared for prices to go up on all products in the next year or so. Between lost revenues, soon to be shorter supplies as shutdowns catch up to us, and inflation from rising taxes and wholesale prices, the Piper will need to be paid. I've already noticed rising grocery prices and it's just beginning. There's a chance we'll be longing for the 2x20 for $16.99 sale before long. It's completely unreasonable to expect that things like this would just pick up as normal after what has happened globally this year.

My wife and I went to lowes today for non BBQ related needs and we walked in and there was a pile of KBB taller then me, I'm over 6 ft tall, by twice as wide for the $16 and Change. My wife literally said that makes you look small. Then as we walked through the store there was another 4 ft ish tall pile in the celling fan area, and another 4 ft ish tall pile inside with the patio furniture. I did not get any I really hope the lower the price do to being over stocked!

The next sale will be July 4 weekend so we'll have to wait and see what the prices are like then. It's possible that the best sale of the year might be on Labor Day weekend. By that time they are desperate to clear out stuff to make space for the upcoming holiday season.

Yep this is what it looked like in the ceiling fan area and the outdoor furniture area and almost double that in the front of the store.
Meijer also has the twin packs. But for the same price (on sale from $23.99). I was really hoping for a better price. I just popped open my last bag getting ready to smoke a ham.

Back