Huge load of KBB spotted at Lowe’s

It's not going to fly off the shelves at that price, so they might have to lower it after the "sale" to thin the stock.

Same here. I won't be buying like I normally do. In fact, at this point that equals a special trip to Lowes just for charcoal. That equals risk and 3 bucks isn't going to motivate me.

This may be a good reason to try the Professional version being sold at Costco for slightly less - especially if I'm already going to Costco.
The wifey just left for Costco. I asked her to pick me up another two twin-packs (the limit per trip) of the Professional. Hopefully it's as good or better than the KBB. Never used it but it wouldn't surprise me if it's just a repackaging for the warehouse-type of stores.

The wifey just left for Costco. I asked her to pick me up another two twin-packs (the limit per trip) of the Professional. Hopefully it's as good or better than the KBB. Never used it but it wouldn't surprise me if it's just a repackaging for the warehouse-type of stores.
Nope, K-Pro is not the same as KBB.
I really like the Pro for grilling, lights fast, smells good, with a little less ash.
More info from Chris:

Nope, K-Pro is not the same as KBB.
I really like the Pro for grilling, lights fast, smells good, with a little less ash.
More info from Chris:
Thanks Bob! Excellent write-up by Chris (as always). Super excited to try it out for the first time.

Well for the last few years the charcoal sales have been a non issue for us. On May 20 they went to stage II fire restrictions again this year and although it only applies to the state forest areas and parks the local cites will soon ban all charcoal use in the towns as well. We still are using up the charcoal we bought four years ago and have about 12 bags left.
Unless we get a strong monsoon season they won't lift the restrictions until mid October or later.

Oh lord.... I'd have to move. Seriously, that's horrible.

I just looked on the Costco website, and couldn't find anything "Kingsford".

What is in Costco and what is on their website do not always match-up. But, she just scored me two more twin packs (the limit). I'm going to run by there later today and grab another two, I think.

That's got to be the lamest Memorial Day sale ever. I can't imagine that it will fly off the shelves at that price, so don't know what their reasoning is..

I think I'll give the Kingsford Professional Charcoal a try. The price is a little less than the KBB sales and it's better stuff.

In the digital circular I received by email, it said that it was warehouse only; that's probably why it's not on their website. I bought three 2-packs when it was on sale a couple months ago. I love it, so I will be stocking up on it.

That's got to be the lamest Memorial Day sale ever. I can't imagine that it will fly off the shelves at that price, so don't know what their reasoning is..

I think I'll give the Kingsford Professional Charcoal a try. The price is a little less than the KBB sales and it's better stuff.

Either there's a real sale price starting tomorrow, or there will be a blow-out sale in a few weeks. Most of those stores don't have the room to store that much charcoal indefinitely.

I think you will be very happy with the K Pro. It seems to burn hotter and faster while producing less ash. Great for grilling. I have not tried it low and slow in the WSM because I use Weber or Jealous Devil lump for those cooks.

Thanks for the info on the K-Pro. Looking forward to trying it out this summer. Should work great with the Vortex!

Yeah there may very well be a KBB blowout sale in a few weeks since Lowes and HD will need space for fall inventory, etc.

Since Costco has a 2 bags limit per customer, I may have to make more than 1 trip inside. :cool:

Thanks for the info on the K-Pro. Looking forward to trying it out this summer. Should work great with the Vortex!

Yeah there may very well be a KBB blowout sale in a few weeks since Lowes and HD will need space for fall inventory, etc.

Since Costco has a 2 bags limit per customer, I may have to make more than 1 trip inside. :cool:
What is the Costco price?

What is in Costco and what is on their website do not always match-up. But, she just scored me two more twin packs (the limit). I'm going to run by there later today and grab another two, I think.

Just went back and read the email they sent me yesterday. The deal is listed there.

Lowes in my area is $16.xx for the twin pack....boooo

Guess I'll check out Home Depot next and if nothing there then grab the Pro at Costco.

Just checked at Lowe's and Home Depot in Huntsville, AL. Asked both and they said no big sale for Memorial Day. No big stockpile at either place. The lady at Home Depot did not even realize that Memorial Day is this Monday. The clerk at Lowe's said that the Kingsford was on sale, marked down to $16.99 from $19.99 for the twin pack.

Just got back from Lowe's in Danbury, CT. Had maybe 20 two packs at the "sale price" of $19.88 marked down from $25.88. I kid you not. They can choke on it for that price.

Back