Huevos Motulenos aka Heaven on Earth

Bill Schultz

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Thanks to Bayless I have discovered a very popular and much loved dish in Mexico named Huevos Motulenos. I now know why, fabulous.

Everything lined up including roasted tomatoes I did in the oven

DSC_0585_zps4cb081d6.jpg

Roasted tomatoes with a little Kosher in the blender, then onions fried till golden, diced garlic added and then the tomatoes. Two slices of Habenero to simmer in the sauce on the Genesis

DSC_0592_zps6649883d.jpg

DSC_0594_zpsaaf7046b.jpg

Onions fried till golden and garlic added then a can of black beans along with a half a Habenero to simmer, then mashed into a nice sauce like consistency

DSC_0597_zps34737fe1.jpg

Nice ripe Burro Plantains sliced and on the CI till golden browned on the Genesis

DSC_0607_zps638fe02e.jpg

Colombian Chorizo on the CI first, this is made by a local Mexican Butcher Shop and is fantastic

DSC_0608_zpsc0309920.jpg

Diced Ham and frozen peas in the CI

DSC_0609_zps8170dbdd.jpg

The plate, Tostado's with a spoon of Black Bean sauce on the plate first then the Tostada with a layer of the Bean Sauce , then a nice sunny side up egg, the tomato sauce, then the ham chorizo peas combo and a couple slices of fresh Avocado and the Plantains

DSC_0612_zps0f19f26b.jpg

DSC_0614_zpsf049a579.jpg

With some Queso Fresco for me

DSC_0618_zpsdb1169f6.jpg

You Guy's need to try this, it is one of the most delicious things I have ever had

Last edited:
In everybody sport there is a title, a championship or something, that sir is you of this forum!

ChuckO the tomatoes are roasted under a broiler in the oven until blackened on one side then turned over till the other side is done, then you peel the skin off. You can do peppers and such on the grill or grate but the tomatoes you want to catch the juices that leak out too so I put a layer of foil under them curled up along the edges.

Back