HOW TO: Weber Frame Cross Member repair

Very informative Bruce, where I live in Arizona rust is not allowed so I don't have those issues. Which I'm very grateful for. :)

Yah, I do wish we would see some of that sub 50% humidity up here in the summers. But, I don't typically have to do a lot of watering during the summers up here either. And there is no such thing as water restrictions either.

Great video!

I like those hand grinders, but I injured my hand (no gloves), and it took months to heal. I was using a flapping sanding disc.

Yep, gloves (welders gloves work well), Eye protection and breathing protection is highly recommended. I have drawn blood with those grinders lots of times and am slowly learning to take head of the warnings.

Yep, gloves (welders gloves work well), Eye protection and breathing protection is highly recommended. I have drawn blood with those grinders lots of times and am slowly learning to take head of the warnings.
A good apron isn't a bad idea too. Don't use a frayed denim apron though. Mine caught fire at work while using a 7" pneumatic grinder!

I used to use a bbq apron when grinding out cook boxes with the angle grinder and wire cup brush. More than once, I had that sucker wound up in the apron. Luckily I had a fairly heavy shirt underneath. Don't wear loose fitting clothes or long dangly sleeves either.

Back