How many bags of Rancher?

Originally posted by Jerry Pollard:
"Supply and Demand", you know this Rancher is selling like hot cakes. No more around here since mid July. 3 HDs locally have none.
You probably will not see these prices after this supply is sold out nationally. It will probably be about the K price next time?
I wouldn't have any problem paying the K price for Rancher if I can depend on it being available, after all I used to pay the K price for K. They make a superior product so they should be allowed to make a little money off of it. I just wish I had more storage space as stocking up just isn't an option for me right now.

I bought 7 bags @ $2.99 up here in Cleveland. I should have bought the rest, though, as there was only 3 left. I haven't been back to see if they got more. Funny thing was that an employee saw me loading up my cart and said something to the effect of "must be having a pretty big party." I said, "no, that's just a really good price." I like the Rancher quite a bit.

16 bags here. now they are all gone.
icon_frown.gif

I picked up 10 bags at HD last weekend. Still had 6 bags left. Went to go use it Sunday but forgot to unpack it from the trunk of the car. My better half took the car to go shopping...
icon_mad.gif

Used the rest of my K to cook some ribs, chicken, bourbon baked beans and corn on the cob. Will have to wait till this weekend to try it out.

Dilemma - If everyone from this site buys all of the inventory, how will others find out about the this stuff to create a bigger demand?
icon_confused.gif

Originally posted by Russell Y:
Dilemma - If everyone from this site buys all of the inventory, how will others find out about the this stuff to create a bigger demand?
icon_confused.gif
Makes no difference if a couple hundred people buy it all, or many 1000's of people buy it all. Once it's all it's all
icon_confused.gif

Makes no difference if a couple hundred people buy it all, or many 1000's of people buy it all. Once it's all it's all

Unless they bring it back in the spring and everyone here doesn't need any because we still have 60 bags stored away in the garage. Then we may not get it again for the rest of the year. But I doubt that will happen. I don't think much of what I bought will make it to October, so I don't think it will make it to spring.

I have seen similar reactions and purchases else where on the net. That "could" be helpful for availability in the future. If it does come back on a more regular basis it is unlikely we will see this pricing again.
icon_frown.gif
I would sure like to have a choice.

Q'n, Golf'n & Grill'n.... too many choices!
Gary

If it does come back on a more regular basis it is unlikely we will see this pricing again.

Even at the regular 4.99 price it is a killer deal, if you take into account that a 20# bag burns signifigantly longer than Large K. I bought this all summer at 4.99 a few bags at a time instead of K. I missed the deal at memorial day, by a day. I thought it was on all week.

I bought some last week and tried it out. Liked it so much went out and bought fifteen bags. Might go to HD tomorrow to see if I can get more. At $2.99 for 20# I don't ming stocking up.

I'm with you Jeff!

Between Q'n and Grill'n I go through a few bags a year. I purchased less than $100 of Rancher and have a nice stock pile.... For a nice product. My cost per cook will be quite inexpensive for a while. Even around the price of K it is a good thing, but at $2.99. wow......

Q'n, Golf'n & Grill'n.... too many choices!
Gary

I hear that. I bought $100 worth when it dropped to $3.74 and did the same when it dropped to $2.99. Plus I had a few sitting around before all that happened. Sitting on about 60 bags right now. I use 2-3 bags a week. I definately won't make it to spring.

Sitting on about 60 bags right now. I use 2-3 bags a week. I definately won't make it to

2-3 bags /week? How much food are you cooking each day/week. I envy you if get to bbq that much.

15 bags. Have not seen it for $2.99 yet. If I do, that number will probably go up nearly ten fold. Then I just need to make sure nobody drops a match in my basement or we'll be having one big, unplanned bbq.

Just went back and picked up the last 8 bags @$2.99. That makes 36 total for me. p.s. I left one bag in the store, it had a hole in the bag. Ha!

-3 bags /week? How much food are you cooking each day/week. I envy you if get to bbq that much.

I run a BBQ shack. I use one full bag in the magnum on thursday night. Usually doing somewhere between 4-6 butts and usually a chuck roll. Half bag goes in Sat starting with ribs, later wings and pig wings go on. Same on sunday. Some weekends I do meatloaf or something extra. So definately 2 bags a week.

Back