How many bags of Rancher?

i bought 3 on friday to try it out, i'll be going back on the 10th (payday) to pick up ten more bags, i was impressed... way better than kford and way cheaper as well...

I picked up 5 bags on Memorial Day weekend and have picked up 7 more since then.

From what I've seen, supplies are getting pretty low in the Home Depots in my area (suburbs north of Minneapolis)

Finally found a HD that has this stuff, wouldn't you know it, its the one by work on the busiest road in town. Bought 6 bags, thats all that would fit in the cab of my small truck and it looked like rain. Will definitly go buy more this week if still on sale. We cooked 60 NY Strip steaks on this stuff at our local Am. Legion Saturday night on 2 Weber Silver Kettles and we only used 2 1/2 bags. Steaks came from Costco, cut at 1 1/4 inch thick. The meat and charcoal were both great. We also dropped 7 to 8 of the BBQ Delight Pellets into the coals, before replacing the lids on the grills, added just the right of smoke flavoring.

Don't put your calculator up yet!

Heads up. I just returned from HD with no intention of picking up any more Rancher. Well, at <span class="ev_code_RED">$1.99</span> who can resist. 10 more. If your store has any left check them out.

Q'n, Golf'n & Grill'n.... to many choices!
Gary

If you really like Rancher there was a post on one of the other threads on this site about HD on the fence about carrying it next year. They gave a site where you could email them to give them your feedback. We need to flood them with responses.

I took the 2 10# bags of Kingsford that I thought was a good deal back to a different HD that had the Rancher.. I got my $13 back and got 7 bags of Rancher for $21.
icon_biggrin.gif

Funny thing is that it was a Saturday night, about 7ish... The return lady was the same person manning a register.. She kinda looked at me funny..Until I told her the price difference.. She also said that the Rancher was selling well there..

I guess it's only at selected Home Depots.

Picked up 20 @ $2.99 last Saturday.

Probably will get at least 10 more sometime this week if they still have them.

Fitting 20 bags into my Honda Civic along with bags of laundry + misc. other junk was fun. =D

Originally posted by Steve Petrone:
Around 821 bags and still counting.
I got 8 this weekend so 829

Need to build my shed so I can get some more and have a place to store them.

Have purchased 23 bags over the last few weeks. Great stuff emailed HD customer service about keeping Rancher as a product and got the typical form letter back in response. Talked to the manager at my local HD store today and she said they have 60 bags left in the store. I then told her how much I liked the product and she said she would check into whether they will be keeping Rancher in stock from now on. We'll see
icon_rolleyes.gif

Just found this letter from the Original Charcoal Company someone on the Smoke Ring BBQ Forum posted:
The Original Charcoal Company
July 27, 2008

Dear RANCHER charcoal supporters!

Thank you for the fantastic interest and support that you have all shown!

Tremendous Success at Home Depot !!!

Thanks to your support, The Original Charcoal Company's RANCHER charcoal took 15% of the competitor's sales! Further, approximately a 1/4 of a million units sold during the five day Memorial Day weekend! Truly phenominal results. Thank you.

All-natural RANCHER briquette is still available in pockets of the country. If you are out in your local Home Depot, please ask your store manager to locate available RANCHER briquette in the other HD stores, and have the manager ship it to your local store. I have made this request on other items, and am almost always satisfied. You will be helping out HD as well, as this will make room for them to put in another item in our spot. OUR SKU #:990-347.

INTERESTINGLY, despite this success, HD is hesitating to put the all-natural RANCHER in their regular line-up. Your continued support may get them off the fence. PLEASE send a note to HD through their website at www.homedepot.com. At the bottom of the Home pasge is "contacts". Tell them that you want this product. AND ask you friends to to the same.

-15% of competitor's sales
-250,000 units purchased in five days
-Talk to your store manager for product in other stores
- Write to HD and demand the RANCHER hardwood briquette
-Spread the word

We are thrilled at your great response, and that we can provide such a fantastic product to you. PLEASE HELP US TO CONTINUE TO DO SO. WRITE TO HOME DEPOT.

Thank you for your continued loyal and thoughtful support! We will keep you updated on YOUR success at Home Depot and elsewhere.
Enjoy the day,

Eric Krause
The Original Charcoal Company

Looks like we need to contact HD if we want them to continue carrying Rancher. Maybe we could convince them to carry their lump also!
Robert S.

"Supply and Demand", you know this Rancher is selling like hot cakes. No more around here since mid July. 3 HDs locally have none.
You probably will not see these prices after this supply is sold out nationally. It will probably be about the K price next time?
I was only able to get 7 bags in two trips to the 2 HDs that had any.

Another 21 for me. Went up the road 16 miles to another HD and they had 2 partial pallets outside right behind the Kingsord under the over hang. I might go back for more, about 30 bags or so left. Still $2.99 a bag.
icon_biggrin.gif

Back