How about some good music links?

I like this thread. I recently (2 months ago) upped my Amazon music subscription to be able to populate albums along with stations and genres.

Please list some of your best album recommendations.... don't necessarily need any song links, but your top contenders would be appreciated. I have all of the Stones and Beatles. Have Steely Dan and many Miles Davis albums saved. I like Country and have many from David Allen Coe, Charlie Daniels and Jerry Jeff Walker.

Tea For the Tillerman and Low Spark were welcomed ones that I added. I am having brain cramp of who else to add. Give me your best lists. Any recomendation will do. I do not care for pop or rap unless one can make a compelling argument.

I like this thread. I recently (2 months ago) upped my Amazon music subscription to be able to populate albums along with stations and genres.

Please list some of your best album recommendations.... don't necessarily need any song links, but your top contenders would be appreciated. I have all of the Stones and Beatles. Have Steely Dan and many Miles Davis albums saved. I like Country and have many from David Allen Coe, Charlie Daniels and Jerry Jeff Walker.

Tea For the Tillerman and Low Spark were welcomed ones that I added. I am having brain cramp of who else to add. Give me your best lists. Any recomendation will do. I do not care for pop or rap unless one can make a compelling argument.
Since a few early seventies albums are mentioned I'll suggest Allman brothers "Live at Fillmore East"

The Album All Things Must Pass by George Harrison was released all those years ago in November 1970.

The title song was part of a triple album of new original material (a rarity since 3-dics releases are mostly live or combinations sets) had hits such as My Sweet Lord, Wah-Wah, What is Life, Awaiting on You All among others.

Harrison, a spiritual Truth seeker journeyed his path primarily through Hinduism* passed on this day, 29 November 2001.

RIP, George Harrison.
25 February 1943 – 29 November 2001

*(edited it to corect Harrison's religious beliefs from Budissm as I originally wrote to the correct discipline of Hinduism.)

Last edited:
" Low Spark of High Heeled Boys " is my favorite Steve Winwood with Traffic song. Lyrics are nonsensical but I don't care, the music is great. Its got a a really smooth mellow sound.

Winwood has almost matched Clapton in reinventing himself over the years. His songs from the early 80's are very good as he changed with the times.

There's two albums he's done after year 2000 that I enjoy a lot .

Live From Madison Square Garden (2 CD)

This is Clapton and Winwood. I have this and the DVD. Concert was in 2009 when Winwood and Clapton were touring America together. They picked songs from the others work, i.e. Clapton chose Winwood songs, and vice versa.

Winwood Greatest Hits Live

Released in 2017. I'll just paste a review

'Winwood: Greatest Hits Live' is a new 2CD/4LP collection sourced from Steve's personal archives of live performances. With a 23-song tracklist handpicked by Steve, featuring his best-loved songs, 'Greatest Hits Live' offers fans a definitive musical portrait of his five-decade career.

The expanded 2CD/4LP gatefold package features rare, previously unreleased material touching on all aspects of Winwood's extensive catalog, including contemporary arrangements of the music he created with the Spencer Davis Group, Traffic, Blind Faith, and on his classic solo recordings. The collection channels R&B, Jazz, Funk, Folk, Classic Rock, Pop, and Afro-Caribbean & Brazilian rhythms, highlighting Winwood's unique ability to fuse multiple genres into a singular, cohesive musical expression. The record not only demonstrates Steve's mastery of the Hammond B3 Organ, but also showcases his remarkable guitar skills.

The Album All Things Must Pass by George Harrison was released all those years ago in November 1970.

The title song was part of a triple album of new original material (a rarity since 3-dics releases are mostly live or combinations sets) had hits such as My Sweet Lord, Wah-Wah, What is Life, Awaiting on You All among others.

Harrison, a spiritual Truth seeker journeyed his path primarily through Buddhism passed on this day, 29 November 2001.

RIP, George Harrison.
25 February 1943 – 29 November 2001

This is some music I need to listen to, its been on my list a while.

If you like blues, then Muddy Waters teaming up with Johnny Winter in hard again.
I saw those two along with James Cotton at the Chicago theater in 1977.
One of the best concerts I ever saw.

I have built a major portion of my vinyl collection around music that came from the Laurel Canyon area of music coming from the later 60's and into the 70's. A lot of great music came from that area, even some of the European's travelled across and took up residence there and took their career to the top. There are a ton of great musicians to choose from, the Mama's and the Papa's, Joni Mitchell, Frank Zappa, Doors all the way to the Eagles even Manson.
I believe there is a documentary about Laurel Canyon, if you watch that, there may be no need to look up other music ;)
Based on what you said above I would highly recommend you watch this, it will give you a lot of insight on how the music was made and the way the musicians were was really heart warming.

I can throw a few out there for you to look into.

And some good Stevie Winwood of course.
I recently picked up the 4 LP album
Unlike many other artists Stevie's voice never faded with age, the Live from Madison square is just outstanding, we know Clapton and Stevie had some history playing together but I like the video versions of this music and you can really see Steve get into it and like it was said before Eric sings Steve's songs and Steve' sings Eric's songs

Last edited:
On Tuesday it'll be 40 years since John Lennon was murdered and while he wrote and co-wrote a lot of great songs, my favorite is his cover of the Ben E. King classic:

Last edited:
There has been a considerable amount of great older tunes playing around me lately......a lot of folk but it's time for a change. I have a date with Tim tonight.....going to have to turn it up a bit I think, I'm done work in 10 minutes and that's how it is going to be.

On Tuesday it'll be 40 years since John Lennon was murdered and while he wrote and co-wrote a lot of great songs, my favorite is his cover of the Ben E. King classic:
Yes, 40 years ago today.

I remember that Tuesday morning next when I was a sophomore in high school. To a certain extent the Beatles, at that time, were passe among my peers and remember a few classmates who were as stunned as I was. The teachers, who came of age during Beatlemania, were visibly affected.

There was the post Beatle music in the mid to late 70's by the other three with John remaining musically silent since the release of the album Rock & Roll in 1975 which had the aforementioned "Stand by Me" cover. He returned dramatically with the critically acclaimed Double Fantasy album released only a month prior to that fateful day. "Watching the Wheels" was the song that I revered the most from that record.

I grew up about 40 miles south of NYC. The local coverage captured and told of how Lennon was so incognito as he went about his daily routine of being a father and family man. The DF album marked his return to music after some 5 years of being out of the spotlight. New Yorker's accepted him as one of their own. He loved being a father and living low-key.

Unfortunately, his preceding fame could not escape him nor the demons of a very troubled individual whose paths happen to cross.

I've been buying music. Most of it is Blu-Ray that's not on YT yet and not streamed either.

I bought the 2019 Crossroads Guitar Festival 3 CD set. Also bought the Blu-Ray which will be here Sunday. Like Darryl, I prefer to watch these Guitar Festivals and most of them never get put on CD, anyway. The YT vid above of Clapton/Winwood was from the 2007 Crossroads. We have all the Crossroads Festival DVD's so I had to buy this one.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08JH4B5JC/?tag=tvwb-20

And Kenny Wayne Shepherd has released a Blu-Ray/CD from his live shows, this is a first for him. Looking forward to this one but it may not get here till after Christmas.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08JLPLLQX/?tag=tvwb-20

I like this thread.

Please list some of your best album recommendations....
So I have been adding some to me play list...

ELP- Pictures at an Exhibition.
America- America (self titled)
Deep Purple- Machine Head, Perfect Strangers
Rod Stewart- Every picture Tells a Story
Jethro Tull- Aqualung, Thick as a Brick
Three Dog Night- Best Of (only because their hits were so spread out)
Al Stewart- Year of the Cat
Carol King- Tapestry
Doobie Bros.- Toulouse Street, The Captain and Me
Chicago- IX
Eric Clapton- 461 Ocean Blvd.
Genesis- Trick of the Tail

Back