How about some good music links?

Since 'Tis the Season and all that, it's only appropriate to post Darlene Love's first (1986) and final (2014) "Letterman" appearances:

Absolutely my favorite Christmas song of all time (and it comes from a great album) and no cover comes close to the original...they shouldn't have been allowed to begin with!;)

Anyone use YouTube Music ?

Couple weeks ago , YouTube ran a special of three months of YT premium for free. I watch YT vids a lot and no ads are spoiling me, in a great way.

I'm now exploring YT Music. If I ditched Amazon Unlimited and went YT Music, it would make the $12 a month for premium more palatable.

I've already found a feature I like better than Amazon, YT allows me to upload music. I just bought the 2019 Crossroads Guitar Festival and its not on Amazon and Amazon won't allow me to upload, so I'm stuck with listening to it on CD.

But wow, no ads on YT vids is great !!

Anyone use YouTube Music ?

Couple weeks ago , YouTube ran a special of three months of YT premium for free. I watch YT vids a lot and no ads are spoiling me, in a great way.

I'm now exploring YT Music. If I ditched Amazon Unlimited and went YT Music, it would make the $12 a month for premium more palatable.

I've already found a feature I like better than Amazon, YT allows me to upload music. I just bought the 2019 Crossroads Guitar Festival and its not on Amazon and Amazon won't allow me to upload, so I'm stuck with listening to it on CD.

But wow, no ads on YT vids is great !!
I have YouTube Music, but by way of having Google Play Music and Google getting rid of that and switching everyone to YouTube Music. I was able to transfer all of my playlists and such, which helped, but YTM is not as good as GPM was. Having said that, I've messed a little with Amazon Music (at least what I get without a subscription) and I do think YTM is the better of those two. Having said that, I've been playing around a little with Spotify to see how I like it. It's decent, so far, but I haven't really had much time on it yet.

I have YouTube Music, but by way of having Google Play Music and Google getting rid of that and switching everyone to YouTube Music. I was able to transfer all of my playlists and such, which helped, but YTM is not as good as GPM was. Having said that, I've messed a little with Amazon Music (at least what I get without a subscription) and I do think YTM is the better of those two. Having said that, I've been playing around a little with Spotify to see how I like it. It's decent, so far, but I haven't really had much time on it yet.

You're about where I'm at, I've did the Spotify two month free trial and actually liked it better than Amazon Unlimited, but I was already heavily invested in Amazon with playlists , etc . And there was no other advantage to Spotify, not like getting ad free YouTube vids. I did think the sound quality of Spotify was better, but that can be entirely subjective.

I've been on Amazon Unlimited for so long, I've forgotten what basic Amazon Music that comes with the Prime sub, is like. I will keep that if I drop the Unlimited.

So far, I think YouTube Premium is gonna get my money. I can still run both concurrenty for three months.

After reading the responses here, I seem to have strayed off of the path. But I am OK with it. Like BBQ, music is subjective. My play list.
Benny Goodman
Glen Miller
Lionel Hampton
Artie Shaw
Woody Herman
Dave Brubeck
John Coltrane
Cannonball Adderly
Oscar Peterson
Miles Davis
Paul Desmond
Louis Armstrong
Sidney Bechet
Stan Getz
Toots Thielemans
Roy Hardgrove
And a bunch more

This is how to get into a song, and Knopler lights up the audience with the power of a guitar rift ....... amazing ......... and only Clapton could get away with wearing a pink suit

^- That was cool! Thanks for posting. I did not know this little tid-bit of musical history.

Love the clean pure tones of un-distorted guitars. Looks (and sounds) like Fender Jaguars on both rhythm and lead ... gotta' love that whammy bar vibrato of the early surf style!

^- That was cool! Thanks for posting. I did not know this little tid-bit of musical history.

Love the clean pure tones of un-distorted guitars. Looks (and sounds) like Fender Jaguars on both rhythm and lead ... gotta' love that whammy bar vibrato of the early surf style!
There've been a lot of great individual instrumentalists over the years but as far as groups go, for my money nobody can touch The Ventures. Their Christmas album is a must-play every year.

This video is incorrectly titled. "Clapton lucky enough to play with JJ Cale" is much more accurate. ;)

And the young man with the bottle slide appears to have a future.;)

Back