How about some good music links?

I like to watch cover songs when a worthwhile one comes along. Such was the case this evening when I went down a small rabbit hole for the early Bee Gees tune "Nights on Broadway." I am not a Bee Gees fan per se, but do like their early stuff before they went disco.

Happen to see this version by IGE, aka, Individual Group Effort.
It is a "garage band" type cover that even though not that tight of a reproduction musically, they do it justice on the vocals (which is tough to do for any Bee Gee song.) The keyboardist towards the end really pulls out the Maurice falsetto:
Nights on Broadway- IGE

A vocal cover that impressed me is by a gentleman by the name of Kyle Swartz.
I happen to come across many a version of this song that most likely were performed vocally with auto tuners. I do not think the version by Kyle is with this component. The first one posted below by him is with instruments. But the second, more impressive one, is the same only a cappella. Both are worth a listen, he really pulls of the Bee Gee sound:
Nights on Broadway/ Kyle Swartz vocal cover
Nights on Broadway/ Kyle Swartz, a cappella

“Chug a lug, chug a lug makes you wanna holler “Hi-De Ho”
Burns your tummy don’t you know?
Chug a lug, chug a lug...”

Or
“Trailers for sale or rent,
Rooms to rent 50 cents...”

Probably the three most popular of Roger Miller’s catalog but, there are dozens more!
What a fun writer!

I really hope this guitar is 18
The things he does to it.............
The vid quality is bad but it supposed to be like that, there is a whole DVD of this concert,
Also one of my favourite cover songs.

Last edited:
One of the first albums I bought as a teen in that year.
For my age I really shouldn't be a huge fan of this type of music.
But most of the collection I have is older than my birth year.

It's a good one and one of the " few " I do not have on vinyl currently.
that however is going to change as I have located an online seller today that apparently has a real old release in Near Mint shape.....for a fair dollar too.
Just take care of that stuff from home and not work.
I keep telling the MRS. that I am done buying them, then this happens, I really do not have any more room for them.
I think I am up to about 675 titles or so

Got some good stuff going now, a lot people only know the post 76 MAC but the old stuff had amazing musicians
While it is good and is what became the popular MAC I love the old stuff.

Wanted to hear Never Been to Spain, so that's what I searched, expecting the Three Dog Night version to show up.
Well it seems it's been recorded by many, including Hoyt Axton (the writer), as well as Tina Turner, Cher, and several artist I didn't recognize.
I really liked Waylon's version.

Wanted to hear Never Been to Spain, so that's what I searched, expecting the Three Dog Night version to show up.
Well it seems it's been recorded by many, including Hoyt Axton (the writer), as well as Tina Turner, Cher, and several artist I didn't recognize.
I really liked Waylon's version.

But I've been to Oklahoma ............

Never let chicks into your band. ;)

Like McVie??? Or Nicks.......seemed to be girls around a lot, a lot of the old mac rumors' must have been true!

Mr. Green was a humble man, loved to point out the best of everyone else. that line up with Green and even without Green pre 76 is some good ole tunes. I just picked up the first MAC record after Green left the band, it's a good one surprised I didn't have it yet.

Last edited:
Like McVie??? Or Nicks.......seemed to be girls around a lot, a lot of the old mac rumors' must have been true!

Mr. Green was a humble man, loved to point out the best of everyone else. that line up with Green and even without Green pre 76 is some good ole tunes. I just picked up the first MAC record after Green left the band, it's a good one surprised I didn't have it yet.
That version of Fleetwood Mac was a running soap opera.

I can't imagine if the internet and social media had been around in those days, it would've been a real circus. Thankfully, I just heard bits and pieces from DJ's on the radio. I'm not sure where all the details were published, maybe in the Rolling Stone, for those who had time or inclination to want to know.

Back