High heat spatchcock on the Jimmy smoker

KeithFWI

TVWBB Fan
Anyone else make one of these yet? It's such a good cooker...and it get's hot for chicken. Cooked this bird 475 but could have gotten 600 i bet.

Anyway here's the high heat spatchcock, done in about 45 minutes.

Actually, I don't have that BBQ, I thought it was a Smokey Joe, but I see now it's not. Is that the Weber Jumbo Joe? Because I could see myself abandoning the SJ-Mini and going this route. Where did you get the "Concord?"

BTW, that was a fine cook

Great lookin' smoker. I'll bet it works very well, also. That chicken looks EXTREMELY good! Nice job!

I have only had my Jumbo Joe for a short while (a Target $30.00 close out) but REALLY like it. It is perfect for most cooks for my wife and I (even adding a couple of guests). I am running out of grill space on my patio (too many grills and smokers:rolleyes:) so I gave my 18" OTG to my nephew when I got my Jumbo Joe. The JJ is the same size and is portable so it fills two roles for us.

I still have issues with my SMG and SMS when it comes to grilling. They don't seem to get hot enough for me (I haven't given up, yet, but...) while my Jumbo Joe worked as I had hoped right out of the box. It is a DANDY grill. My SMG works perfectly when it is being used as my Mini-Joe Smoker. It just comes up short (so far) as a grill. I still have hopes I'll "crack the code" but in the meantime, the Jumbo Joe is doing just fine.

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

Back