Hatch Chiles

I wish I'd had time to marinate, they would've been better. But as it was the hatch peppers were so hot I could not taste much of anything else.

But it was good.

I put some Meat Church Holy Gospel on them, and reverse seared them as I would a steak. Turned out well.
Turned out well indeed!
Hatch peppers have several different heat levels, sounds like you got the hotter variety.

Yea, something with sugar to balance the heat. I usually marinate mine, but that's either Greek or Teriyaki.
That wouldn't work with the hatch, IDT so maybe some Mojo Crillo or a Citrus herb marinade.

Tim

I bet the hatch's would work just fine with Greek or Terriyaki! Both sound good to me now that you said it.

I keep wanting to mention this salsa - it's pretty much just chopped up hatch peppers. simple ingredients. ~$5/jar, I've been enjoying it for the last couple years.

I noticed the pepper roasters but they weren't in action.

https://store.505southwestern.com/roasted-chile/hatch-valley-roasted-green-chile.html

flame_roasted_12oz_.png

Safeway gouged me, again, for $1.49/lb. but they look good and are still way cheaper than getting them on line as I did last year.

Got a couple pounds of hatch chiles yesterday at the grocer, they were roasted.

The aroma when I take the lid off is great, wow.

We've already put them on our chicken tacos and they added another flavor. I put them on my omelette this morning.

What other ways are good ?

RFqJZEt.jpg

We've already put them on our chicken tacos and they added another flavor. I put them on my omelette this morning.

Hatch omelets are awesome. We put them in everything for the month they are available. Put the hot ones in mac and cheese and give your taste buds a fun ride. The hot ones are also great in salsa. Janis made biscuits and hatch sausage gravy for breakfast yesterday using H-E-B's Hatch Sausage. (You could probably small-dice some peppers and add them to regular sausage gravy.) I'm thinking of how to do a Hatch Margarita. Enjoy!

Jeff

Got a couple pounds of hatch chiles yesterday at the grocer, they were roasted.

The aroma when I take the lid off is great, wow.

RFqJZEt.jpg

I roast, then freeze them. I use them in a lot of sauces for almost everything; chicken, eggs, pork, stir frys, chimichurri sauce on steak, tacos etc.

While I really like Hatch peppers, the Colorado chiles I brought back home a few years ago were just as good.

IMGP8412.JPG

IMGP8416.JPG

Back